Kier Group PLC (KIE.L)
A consortium that includes Carillion won a 1.4 billion pound contract to help build Britain's High Speed 2 railway on Monday, offering respite as the builder grapples with the aftermath of a battering writedown.
* Shares up on news, fell 70 pct last week after writedown (Adds details, background)
* Full-Year underlying profit forecast to be in line with expectations
Britain's move to leave the European Union is delaying major UK infrastructure projects from tower blocks and power stations to new roads and rail lines, construction and services company Kier Group said on Thursday.
March 23 Britain's move to leave the European Union is delaying major UK infrastructure projects from tower blocks and power stations to new roads and rail lines, construction and services company Kier Group said on Thursday.
* Will transfer part of its land bank and a number of its residential developments in east of England, valued at up to £97 mln, into JV
March 23 Britain's Kier Group is on track to meet its full-year expectations, the construction and support services company said on Thursday, as it reported a 4 percent rise in first-half profit and a larger order book.
* H1 underlying operating profit of £56.5 mln, 4 pct organic growth on 2015
Earnings vs. Estimates
- Should you buy 6% yielders BP plc, TUI Travel plc, Kier Group plc and Aberdeen Asset Management plc?
- Are Clarkson plc, RM plc, Hargreaves Services plc and Kier Group plc buys after today's updates?
- Can you afford to miss these 5%+ yielders?
- Buckle up! 4 FTSE 250 fireworks you MUST check out
- Why Kier Group plc, Ted Baker plc & Spire Healthcare Group PLC Are Stunning Growth Picks
- Should You Invest In Dividend Destroyers Rio Tinto plc, Barratt Developments Plc And Kier Group plc?