Koninklijke Philips NV (PHG.AS)
AMSTERDAM Health technology company Philips is suspending the manufacture of some defibrillators in the United States and will make others under heightened scrutiny following criticisms from U.S. regulators, in a move it said would dent profits.
* Latest in a series of disputes with U.S. regulators (Updates with CEO comments, background, shares)
BRIEF-Philips' subsidiary Philips North America LLC reaches agreement with U.S. DoJ, representing FDA
* PHILIPS REACHES AGREEMENT WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT ON A CONSENT DECREE FOCUSING ON THE COMPANY’S DEFIBRILLATOR MANUFACTURING IN THE U.S.
* PHILIPS AND INDONESIAN SILOAM HOSPITALS SIGN MULTIYEAR PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT
* RECLASSIFICATION EFFECTIVE AS OF OPENING OF EUROPEAN MARKETS ON SEPTEMBER 1, 2017 Source text: http://philips.to/2gxBNPI Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom:)
* Says the company files a third trial appeal against Royal Philips of the Netherlands with Intellectual Property Court, on July 31, regarding DVD optical disk patent infringement case
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) BARCELONA, July 28 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed Royal Philips' (Philips) Long-Term Issuer Default Rating (IDR) and senior unsecured ratings at 'A-'. The Outlook is Stable. The affirmation is driven by Fitch's expectation that Philips' credit profile will remain in line with the group's ratings, following the announcement of multiple acquisitions, including Spectranetics for EUR1.9 billion, and a new shareholder buyback programme t
AMSTERDAM, July 25 Dutch paint maker Akzo Nobel on Tuesday said it would hold an extra shareholders meeting on Sept 8, on the appointment of a new CEO and to explain its rejection of a 26.3 billion euro ($30.63 billion) takeover bid by U.S. rival PPG Industries. (Reporting by Bart Meijer; Editing by Himani Sarkar)
AMSTERDAM Dutch health technology company Philips said it expects sales growth to accelerate over the remainder of the year after U.S. orders jumped 9 percent in the second quarter.
* Philips adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, and amortisation (EBITA) rise 15 percent in Q2