- Google Inc's disappointing first-quarter results left Wall Street unfazed about the internet giant's ability to come to grips with a shift to the fast-growing mobile advertising market.
- Diversified manufacturer Honeywell International Inc posted a better-than-expected quarterly profit on Thursday, helped by strong sales of turbochargers for automobiles and home thermostats and security systems.
FRANKFURT - German business software maker SAP warned on Thursday that it expects the negative impact of the strong euro to worsen after reporting lower than expected first-quarter results.
LONDON - American activist investor Jason Ader has stepped up pressure on online gambling company Bwin by proposing for election four new directors to tackle what he describes as a continuing decline in the business.
- India's Wipro Ltd posted a 29 percent rise in its fourth-quarter net profit, beating expectations, helped by increased IT spending by its customers.
HONG KONG - ZTE Corp, China's second-biggest telecommunications equipment maker, said first-quarter profit matched its estimate after benefiting from the country's introduction of fourth-generation mobile networks.
TAIPEI - Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd (TSMC) targets record revenue in the second quarter as more of the company's chips are installed in high-end smartphones to power increasingly complex features.
- IBM Corp, the world's biggest technology services company, reported its lowest quarterly revenue in five years on Wednesday, as Big Blue struggles with falling demand for its hardware and faces challenges in growth markets like China.
- China's Weibo Corp, a Twitter-like messaging service company, raised a less-than-expected $286 million (170 million pounds) after it cut the size of its U.S. initial public offering amid a selloff in technology shares and concerns about slowing user growth.
MUMBAI - Indian IT services exporter HCL Technologies beat market expectations with a 59 percent rise in March-quarter profit, helped by increasing demand for outsourcing services.