SHANGHAI, July 29 Chinese stocks slipped on Friday as investors dumped small cap stocks amid signs of a fresh regulatory clampdown on rampant speculation.
TOKYO, July 29 Japan's Nikkei share average tumbled and stayed volatile on Friday after the Bank of Japan's policy easing fell short of investors' high expectations, but financial stocks outperformed as the central bank kept the negative interest rate unchanged.
TOKYO, July 29 Japan's Nikkei share average erased earlier gains and slipped on Friday after the Bank of Japan eased monetary policy but not to the degree that many in the market had expected.
* Market wary before BOJ decision amid entrenched easing hopes
* Yen falls on report that BOJ mulling specific steps for easing
* Amazon, Alphabet up after the bell following quarterly reports
NEW YORK, July 28 The S&P 500 edged higher on Thursday as investors looked beyond disappointing earnings from Ford and ahead to quarterly scorecards from technology heavyweights Alphabet and Amazon.
* Oil down 2 pct, hits 3-month lows on reported Cushing build
* Indexes: Dow -0.11 pct, S&P +0.12 pct, Nasdaq +0.24 pct (Updates to afternoon, adds detail on tech companies)
* Indexes down: Dow 0.4 pct, S&P 0.2 pct, Nasdaq 0.05 pct (Updates to early afternoon)