* U.S., German yields fall, gold prices gain on safe haven demand (Updates market action)
Sept 26 Losses on Wall Street deepened in volatile trading on Monday, as Pfizer led a decline in healthcare stocks and Deutsche Bank pulled financials down, with investors awaiting the first U.S. presidential debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.
LONDON, Sept 26 European shares fell on Monday, weighed down by major banking stocks, with Deutsche Bank hitting an all-time low amid concerns over the impact on its finances of a big U.S. fine.
LONDON, Sept 26 Britain's top share index fell on Monday and made its worst one-day performance in three months, with Lloyds pushing banks lower after a downgrade by Goldman Sachs and miners tracking weaker metals prices.
U.S. STOCKS EXTEND FALL; S&P 500 DOWN ABOUT 0.65 PCT, DOW AND NASDAQ DOWN ABOUT 0.75 PCT
* Indexes down: Dow 0.56 pct, S&P 0.46 pct, Nasdaq 0.61 pct (Adds details, comments, updates prices)
* Safehaven U.S., German yields fall, spot gold gains (Updates market action, changes dateline, previous LONDON)
* Indexes down: Dow 0.76 pct, S&P 0.65 pct, Nasdaq 0.78 pct (Updates to open)
Sept 26 U.S. stocks opened lower on Monday as Apple weighed on the three major indexes and investors geared up for the first debate between U.S. presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.
* Futures down: Dow 88 pts, S&P 9 pts, Nasdaq 25 pts (Adds details, comments, updates prices)