TOKYO, Oct 24 The dollar was close to eight-month highs against a basket of currencies in Asian trade on Monday, buoyed by expectations that the U.S. Federal Reserve will raise interest rates this year.
* Some euro weakness attributed to Chinese rebalancing (Updates prices)
* Some euro weakness attributed to Chinese rebalancing (Adds market action, changes dateline, previous LONDON)
LONDON, Oct 21 The dollar was on course for its third consecutive week of gains against the basket of currencies used to measure its broader strength on Friday, driven to an eight month high by hardening expectations of a rise in interest rates in December.
* Euro back under pressure after Draghi quashes tapering talk
* Euro wallows near March lows after Draghi quashes tapering talk
* Dollar index on track for weekly gains, close to 7-month high
NEW YORK, Oct 20 The euro fell to a four-month low against the U.S. dollar on Thursday and the U.S. dollar index rose to a seven-month high after the European Central Bank kept the door open to more stimulus in December.
* NY Fed's Dudley indicates U.S. rate hike likely this year (Adds market action, changes dateline, previous LONDON)
* Dudley says Fed likely to raise rates this year (Updates prices, adds details after ECB announcement)