PARIS An international agreement on climate change struck in Paris last year is still far from being implemented, French President Francois Hollande said on Tuesday, and he urged countries to ensure it was ratified by year-end.
- North Carolina, Florida brace for brewing tropical systems |
- Tropical Depression Nine may intensify into storm, says NHC
- Samarco dam failed due to poor drainage and design: investigation
- California Governor Brown signs law banning use of bullhooks on elephants
- Zimbabwe to dehorn rhino to shut out poachers
Recent Environment News
BERLIN Germany said it has resolved a dispute with the European Union so that German firms that generate power for their own consumption can remain exempt from a green energy surcharge, Economy Minister Sigmar Gabriel said on Tuesday.
TOKYO More than 100 flights were canceled and evacuation warnings were issued for thousands of people as a powerful typhoon approached Japan's northeast on Tuesday, a region devastated by a massive earthquake and tsunami five years ago. | Video
NAIROBI (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Kenya is on its way to breaking the devastating cycle of drought, poverty and hunger over the next decade, a leading scientist said as he was named winner of a prestigious award.
Wildlife agents authorized to eradicate a group of 11 wolves for repeated attacks on cattle in Washington state have hunted down and killed six animals from the condemned pack and are searching for the rest, a state game official said on Monday.