WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama will unveil on Monday the final version of his plan to tackle greenhouse gases from coal-fired power plants as he aims to cement his legacy on climate change, a senior administration official said.
- California wildfires expand after death of firefighter
- BMW CEO hints there is space for more electric models
- Athletes shrug off pollution issues at Rio Olympic test
- Killing of Cecil pressures United States to protect African lion
- Fight to save Indonesia's jungle corridors key for endangered orangutan
Recent Environment News
BANGKOK (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Authorities and relief workers in flood-hit Myanmar are rushing to provide aid to thousands of people after weeks of heavy rains that have killed at least 21 people this month, aid agencies said.
- A magnitude 5.2 earthquake struck central Iran on Friday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
JUNEAU, Alaska - About 10,000 pounds (4.5 tonnes) of frozen halibut is being sent as food aid to four rural tribal Alaskan communities beset by a lean walrus hunting season caused by climate shifts, a representative for a group coordinating the distribution said.
NAIROBI - Kenya's new Chinese-built rail line will cut through the capital's sprawling sanctuary for lions, giraffes and zebras, wildlife officials said on Friday, replacing the colonial-era railway known as the "Lunatic Express".