LONDON Britain's most revered TV naturalist David Attenborough, 90, is returning to present a sequel to "The Blue Planet" documentary series, 16 years after the original illuminated the depths of the world's oceans.
- Flood worries in Northern California after deadly storm hits south
- Harsh weather in Afghanistan kills dozens in blizzard, rainstorms
- China names and shames cities over smog controls
- Philippine minister stands by call to shut mines as review begins
- Parts of South Sudan suffering famine: govt official
Recent Environment News
BANGKOK Thailand's military government has put on hold plans for a coal-fired power plant in a region known for its pristine tourist beaches after protests by residents and activists, Thai media said on Monday.
SYDNEY A continent two-thirds the size of Australia has been found beneath the south-west Pacific Ocean, scientists reported in the journal of the Geological Society of America.
SAYABOURY, Laos Dozens of elephants, adorned in bright colors and with garlands of flowers, paraded through a Laotian town on Saturday in a celebration of a species that has become increasingly scarce in the Southeast Asian country.
WASHINGTON The U.S. Senate confirmed President Donald Trump's pick to run the Environmental Protection Agency on Friday over the objections of Democrats and environmentalists worried he will gut the agency, as the administration readies executive orders to ease regulation on drillers and miners. | Video