MEXICO CITY A magnitude 6.2 earthquake that shook southern Mexico on Saturday spread fear in the capital and frustrated rescuers, some of whom were forced to suspend the search for survivors of an earlier, bigger tremor.
- Fears of dam collapse add to Puerto Rico's misery after hurricane |
- Magnitude 5.7 earthquake hits off northern California: USGS
- Volcano on Indonesia's Bali island at highest alert level, thousands evacuated
- Lee regenerates into tropical depression over central Atlantic
- China's land and resources minister calls for trade protectionism to be opposed
Recent Environment News
WASHINGTON The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency said on Friday it will extend enforcement discretion for fuel storage facilities and tanker trucks in Texas at least until Sept. 29 as recovery efforts from Hurricane Harvey continue.
A low pressure system that has developed over the central Atlantic Ocean almost a thousand miles east-southeast of Bermuda has a 30 percent chance of developing into a cyclone over the next two days, the National Hurricane Center (NHC) said on Friday.
Jose, previously a tropical cyclone, has weakened into a post-tropical storm off the southeastern coast of New England in the United States, the U.S. National Hurricane Center (NHC) said on Thursday.
FRANKFURT Carmakers squeezed between carbon emissions cuts and falling sales of fuel-efficient diesels have used the Frankfurt auto show to spotlight a future generation of electric cars that will largely come too late to help them out of their bind.