WASHINGTON The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and California Air Resources Board will approve later on Thursday a fix for more than 300,000 older Volkswagen AG diesel cars, two people briefed on the matter said.
- Germany recalls Porsche Cayenne models over illegal emissions software
- As temperatures soar, desperate Gazans try any means to beat heat
- Germany, steering clear of diesel bans, plans city transport fund
- Australia to build superhighway for electric vehicles beside Great Barrier Reef
- Paws, jaws and claws: checkups await animals rescued from Aleppo zoo
Recent Environment News
BRUSSELS The European Union postponed a vote on Thursday designed to set its response to Argentina's successful World Trade Organization challenge to EU anti-dumping duties on biodiesel imports, sources familiar with the planned vote said.
TOKYO A consortium of Japanese companies plans to launch what it says is world's first hydrogen supply chain demonstration project, part of the country's goal of becoming a "hydrogen society".
MARSEILLE Firefighters evacuated thousands of campers and local residents after a wildfire broke out on France's tourist-thronged Riviera coast overnight. | Video
Power development company Invenergy LLC and General Electric Co on Wednesday announced plans to build the largest wind farm in the United States in Oklahoma, part of a $4.5 billion project to provide electricity to 1.1 million utility customers in the region.