CONKLIN/LAC LA BICHE, Alberta A catastrophic wildfire that has forced all 88,000 residents to flee Fort McMurray in Alberta, Canada exploded tenfold in size on Thursday, cutting off evacuees in camps north of the city and putting communities to the south in extreme danger. | Video
- Brazil judge approves Samarco dam burst settlement with government
- New York City gives nod to 5-cent charge for store bags
- Obama sips Flint water, urges children be tested for lead |
- BHP-Vale's Samarco has not done enough to fix dam disaster -prosecutor
- U.S. proposes giving wind farms 30-year permits to kill eagles
Recent Environment News
SEATTLE The U.S. government's latest plan for offsetting the harm to migrating salmon from a series of dams in the Columbia River watershed violates the Endangered Species Act, a federal judge ruled on Wednesday.
SANTIAGO Chilean chemicals group SQM said on Thursday it has asked local authorities to block U.S. lithium producer Albemarle Corp from expanding production in the South American nation for environmental reasons.