SALMON, Idaho Grizzly bears in and around Yellowstone National Park will be stripped of Endangered Species Act safeguards this summer, U.S. Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke announced on Thursday in a move conservation groups vowed to challenge in court.
- Remnants of tropical storm drench U.S. Gulf Coast, spawn twisters, flooding
- Renewable energy no longer a niche to institutional investors
- China to hit polluters harder in new soil protection law
- Powerful quake shakes Guatemala and El Salvador, no casualties reported
- Four die from heat in sweltering U.S. Southwest: reports
Recent Environment News
SINGAPORE Extreme heat across large tracts of the Northern Hemisphere raised fears for crops in China, fueled forest fires in Portugal and Russia's Far East, forced flight cancellations in the Southwest U.S., and melted tarmac on roads in Britain. | Video
BERLIN One man was killed on Thursday when a tree felled by a storm in northern Germany hit his car, with the weather also disrupting trains and flights to and from Berlin.
WASHINGTON Oil will continue to flow through the Dakota Access Pipeline through the summer while authorities conduct additional review of the environmental impact, after a judge on Wednesday ordered more hearings in coming months.
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. The first total solar eclipse across the continental United States in a century is expected to spark watching parties and traffic jams as it darkens skies from Oregon to South Carolina, authorities said on Wednesday. | Video