WASHINGTON - Billionaire activist Tom Steyer's climate change advocacy group offered unexpected praise on Friday to Republican presidential hopeful Jeb Bush for saying the United States should work with the world to reduce carbon emissions.
- Torrential rain floods Houston before heading toward New Orleans
- California revises drought plan after pressure from cities
- Renewable energy surge revives Europe's power trade
- California environmental groups sue over refinery marine terminal
- 'Isis' among names removed from UN list of hurricane names
Recent Environment News
- Phillips 66 said it discovered a diesel fuel leak from a company-operated pipeline between a terminal in Hartford, Illinois, and the terminal's barge dock on the Mississippi River Friday morning.
WASHINGTON - India's surprise decision to agree to phase-down the use of a potent greenhouse gas after years of opposition is a "significant step" toward global action to address climate change, the U.S. State Department's climate change envoy said Friday.
WILLISTON, N.D. - Calpers, the largest American public pension fund, and nearly 60 other institutional investors will ask the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Friday to require oil and natural gas companies to publish detailed analysis of the risks posed by climate change to their business models.