ATCHISON, Kansas More than 100 people were treated for respiratory problems after a chemical spill at an MGP Ingredients Inc facility on Friday generated a chemical cloud over the northeastern Kansas city of Atchison before authorities declared the threat over.
- Environment group wins challenge against Australia's Port Melville depot
- Magnitude 6.6 quake jolts western Japan, no tsunami warning or major damage
- Anti-pipeline protestor tosses pumpkin seeds at Canada's Trudeau
- NHC says 40 percent chance of cyclone for low south of North Carolina
- Sunoco Logistics pipeline spills gasoline in Pennsylvania: media
Recent Environment News
PALO ALTO, Calif. After repeated failed attempts to establish an Antarctic Ocean sanctuary, the United States is hopeful it can sway Russia to agree to a plan that would protect a vast swath of what marine scientists call the most pristine body of water left on Earth. | Video
BENGUET, Philippines/HONG KONG Typhoon Haima, the strongest storm to hit the Philippines in three years, killed at least 12 people and inundated vast tracts of rice and corn fields, officials in Manila said on Friday, before it took aim at Hong Kong.
COPENHAGEN Hundreds of snow leopards are killed illegally every year in remote mountains from China to Tajikistan, further endangering the big cats that number only a few thousand in the wild, a report said on Friday.
PARIS Banned in much of Europe, roe-deer hunting on horseback with hounds is enjoying such renewed interest in France that some companies are marketing one-off outings to non-specialists, some riding in carriages.