JERUSALEM The Palestinian National Theatre, for three decades the leading performing arts and cultural centre for Arabs in Jerusalem, is facing potential closure after running up large municipal debts, its director said on Friday.
Recent Lifestyle News
WASHINGTON Speaking at his annual Thanksgiving turkey pardoning on Wednesday, President Barack Obama joked about raising teenage daughters, his critics and the 2016 presidential race.
OTTAWA Canada's murder rate in 2014 edged down to a near 50-year low, but aboriginals accounted for a disproportionately high number of victims, official data showed on Wednesday.
BRUSSELS Belgium's tourist boards have latched onto a social media craze of cats that gave Brussels light relief during a tense five-day security lockdown in the wake of militant attacks in Paris.
AUSTIN, Texas Texas halted dating service Lone Star Introductions and others from operating in the state because it said the firms had harassed and threatened clients, the Attorney General's office said on Wednesday.
MANILA A rare 25-carat, barrel-shaped pink diamond has been found among the jewelry collection of former Philippine first lady Imelda Marcos, Christie's said on Tuesday after the government asked the auction house to appraise her collection of rare stones.
- Adele's '25' becomes UK's biggest-selling No. 1 album |
- Sly and the Family Stone trumpet player Cynthia Robinson dies at 71
- Is singer Adam Lambert just too sexy for strait-laced Singapore?
- Live Shakespeare tops British cinema box office - for a day
- Poland's decision not to extradite Polanski confirmed after appeal ruled out
- E. coli from Costco chicken salad traced to tainted celery
- FDA declines expanded approval for Bristol-Myers' Opdivo drug
- Exclusive: Lazard works with Sanofi on $12.7 billion animal health unit deal - sources
- Men may eat more when women are watching
- Oklahoma hospital will not charge homecoming crash victims for ER treatment