SAO PAULO Rio de Janeiro's famed Carnival bacchanalia hit full stride on Saturday, as hundreds of thousands roared into the streets for one of the city's oldest and by far its biggest "bloco" street party, the Bola Preta.
Recent Lifestyle News
TOKYO From the "Rocky" theme to cash handouts and early "Premium Friday" finishes, a small but growing number of companies in workaholic Japan are getting creative with the ways they're getting employees out the door early. | Video
MILAN Clothes in black and optical white led off the catwalk show for Armani's Emporio line on Friday before a shift in contrast to encompass pattern and unusually bright colors for the brand. | Video
MILAN "Couture is an attitude, not a price point", read the plain white t-shirt over sturdy leather biker trousers worn by Moschino's designer Jeremy Scott at the end of the Italian brand's extravagant fashion show in Milan.
An online commercial released by Nike this week that showed Arab women fencing, boxing and spinning on ice-skates has stirred controversy over its attempt to smash stereotypes about women leading home-bound lives in the conservative region.
COLOGNE, Germany Revelers in clown costumes and wigs kicked off six days of merriment on Thursday with Weiberfastnacht or "women's carnival", traditionally the day when women take over town halls and symbolically "castrate" men by cutting off their ties.
- 'Batman v Superman,' 'Hillary's America' win Razzie 'worst' films
- Oscars so divided: Hollywood still struggles with race |
- Foreign Oscar contenders denounce 'fanaticism' in U.S.
- Judge allows a second accuser to testify at Cosby sex assault trial |
- Iranian-American space experts to step in for Farhadi at Oscars
- Details emerge of Republicans' plans to replace Obamacare
- Pfizer subpoenaed in U.S. over patient assistance plans
- Overhaul of Medicaid expansion could cost states $32 billion: report
- Most Americans want U.S. to keep funding expanded Medicaid: poll
- Deadly U.S. heroin overdoses quadrupled in five years: study