SYDNEY A waistcoat owned by British explorer Captain James Cook, who claimed Australia for Britain in 1770, has failed to sell at auction, with bids far below its anticipated million dollar price tag, the auction house said on Monday.
Recent Lifestyle News
HARRISBURG, Pa. Got $1.5 million to spare? If so, tiny Reduction, a one-time company town built to house workers at a long-vanished garbage-processing plant in western Pennsylvania, could be yours for the asking.
Last time she ran 40 marathons in a row, Mina Guli wore out eight pairs of shoes. Now she is trying it a second time.
ISMAILIA, Egypt On a desert track in eastern Egypt camels race across the sand, urged on by their young jockeys and a convoy of cars speeding alongside them.
The rusty patched bumble bee became the first wild bee in the continental United States to gain federal protection on Tuesday when it was added to the government's list of endangered and threatened species.
KOELLIKON, Switzerland Entrepreneurs have high hopes for cannabis in Switzerland, where business has suddenly taken off in recent months, six years after the country legalized low-potency "marijuana-light". | Video
- U.S. Box Office: 'Beauty and the Beast' dazzles again, 'Power Rangers' off to solid start
- Carrie Fisher, Debbie Reynolds lauded at public memorial service
- Harrison Ford called himself a 'schmuck' after plane incident
- Emma Thompson says wants people to 'shout loudly' about climate change |
- No 'Love Actually' when Trump asked actress Emma Thompson for date
- Trump tastes failure as U.S. House healthcare bill collapses |
- Obamacare exploding? Maybe just a slow burn |
- Saudi Arabia temporarily bans poultry imports from Tennessee over bird flu
- Venezuela's Maduro asks U.N. to help ease medicine shortages
- EU recommends suspending hundreds of drugs tested by Indian firm