NEW YORK Nevien Shehadeh, 19, was one of many Muslim women who chose Le'Jemalik Salon and Boutique in New York's borough of Brooklyn on Friday to prepare for the Eid al-Fitr holiday.
Recent Lifestyle News
JERUSALEM A court has told the Israeli airline El Al that it can no longer ask women passengers to switch seats if ultra-Orthodox Jewish men object to sitting next to them, an Israeli advocacy group said on Thursday.
LONDON Coincidence or a subliminal message? Britain's Queen Elizabeth stirred up social media on Wednesday when she opened parliament in a hat looking very much like a European Union flag. | Video
HOBART, Australia So many people plunged into a frigid river for an annual nude swim on the Australian island of Tasmania on Wednesday that there weren't enough towels to go round.
LONDON The Angolan capital Luanda has knocked Hong Kong off the top spot in an annual survey that ranks the cost of living for expatriate workers in world cities.
VATICAN CITY The "Hail Mary Pass" did not come up in the conversation, but Pope Francis clearly had a good catch on Wednesday when he received a helmet and jersey from members of the American Pro Football Hall of Fame.
- Radiohead take aim at 'strong and stable' May at Glastonbury |
- Labour's Corbyn puts politics center stage at Glastonbury Festival
- Actor Johnny Depp apologizes for 'poor taste' Trump assassination joke |
- Cosby plans sex assault talks, accusers' lawyer cries foul
- Ron Howard enters 'Star Wars' after Han Solo movie directors depart |
- Trump reaches out to lawmakers on healthcare as another says 'no' |
- USDA finds abscesses, unidentified material in raw Brazil beef: USDA
- Health insurers says Senate bill's Medicaid cuts to hurt states
- Novartis breast cancer drug Kisqali wins European panel backing
- High hopes ride on marijuana painkillers amid opioid crisis