- England are "in a dark place" after two "horrendous" Ashes thrashings but are capable of achieving one of the greatest fightbacks ever, wicketkeeper Matt Prior said.
Recent Sports News
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - European Union commissioner Viviane Reding said she would not be attending the Sochi 2014 Olympics in February over what she said was Russia's treatment of minorities, joining German President Joachim Gauck in an open snub to the host nation.
- After four failed bids to host the World Cup, Morocco finally gets to stage a world football championship over the next 10 days although this one is little more than a consolation prize.
- Olympic men's champion Evan Lysacek has abandoned hopes of defending his title in February's Sochi Olympics after failing to recover from a hip injury.
- Champions Guangzhou Evergrande of China drew a familiar rival in 2006 winners Jeonbuk Motors of South Korea but were kept guessing about the other two opponents in their group for the 2014 AFC Champions League.
- Two unlikely goalscorers lifted a largely dull mid-table Premier League clash between Swansea City and Hull City who shared the points in a 1-1 draw at the Liberty Stadium on Monday.
World number one Magnus Carlsen toppled local favourite Viswanathan Anand in Chennai to add the world championship title to his already impressive resume on Friday.