- Beleaguered England captain Alastair Cook should step down and take a break from the sport to avoid suffering from a damaging burnout that could end his career, a number of former England captains said on Tuesday.
Recent Sports News
SYDNEY - Australia batsman Shaun Marsh is to have surgery on an injured elbow next week and will miss October's test series against Pakistan in the United Arab Emirates, Cricket Australia said on Tuesday.
- The South Korea Football Association hope to appoint a new technical chief this week, the first step in a overhaul that will end with a new head coach after their disappointing World Cup showing in Brazil.
- Four Frenchmen, including former international Luis Fernandez, have been named on a shortlist of five prospective candidates to take over as national coach of the Ivory Coast, the country's football federation said.
- Carlos Queiroz has backtracked on his decision to quit as Iran coach and is negotiating an extension through to the 2018 World Cup in Russia, Iranian media reported.
- Xabier Azkargorta, the last man to coach Bolivia at the World Cup finals 20 years ago, is this month seeking to add another extraordinary milestone to his remarkable career in the South American football backwater.