- Tributes continued to pour in on Tuesday following the death of British IndyCar driver Justin Wilson the previous day, along with renewed calls throughout the motor racing world for a review of driver safety in the sport.
- British IndyCar driver Justin Wilson died on Monday after suffering a severe head injury during a wreck in the closing laps of a race the previous day at Pocono Raceway in Pennsylvania, IndyCar officials said. He was 37.
LONDON - The Formula One community mourned another death in the family on Tuesday after British racer Justin Wilson, a friend to many in the grand prix paddock, succumbed to head injuries suffered in a U.S. IndyCar race.
- The death of British IndyCar driver Justin Wilson has once again raised questions about the safety of motor racing and prompted calls for the introduction of closed cockpits.
- A gentle giant of the paddock, Justin Wilson spent much of his career battling to fit his lanky frame into race cars built for smaller men and his quiet determination to succeed against the odds won him admirers across the globe.
- Factbox on driver fatalities in open wheel races on North American circuits since 1996 after Briton Justin Wilson died on Monday after being hit by debris from another car during a race at the Pocono Speedway in Pennsylvania on Sunday.
LONDON - As Lewis Hamilton gets closer to matching the Formula One achievements of his great hero Ayrton Senna, so the sense of unreality -- that he might be caught up in some crazy daydream -- grows in his mind.
- British IndyCar driver Justin Wilson remained in a coma on Monday after suffering a severe head injury during a wreck in the closing laps of a race on Sunday at Pocono Raceway in Long, Pond, Pennsylvania, IndyCar officials said.