WASHINGTON/SINGAPORE Hackers who stole $81 million from Bangladesh's central bank have been linked to an attack on a bank in the Philippines, in addition to the 2014 hack on Sony Pictures, cybersecurity company Symantec Corp said in a blog post.
Recent Technology News
AUGSBURG, Germany The chief executive of German industrial robot maker Kuka said on Friday he welcomed an impending 4.5 billion- euro ($5 bln) takeover bid from Chinese home appliance maker Midea .
BERLIN Germany is closely monitoring Chinese investment in the country and will consider each takeover on a case-by-case basis to ensure it does not lose key technology, a government source said on Friday.
MUMBAI India's biggest conglomerate Tata Group launched an ecommerce venture on Friday, as it seeks to cash in on rising purchasing power in a market dominated by deep-pocketed international retailers and startups backed by global tech investors.
FRANKFURT Daimler said it will spend 3 billion euros ($3.35 billion) to curtail diesel exhaust pollution levels by modifying its engines and exhaust treatment systems including through a software update for some Mercedes-Benz passenger cars.
NEW YORK/SAN FRANCISCO Verizon Communications Inc is working on its bid for Yahoo Inc's core assets with an investment bank which was, as recently as last year, one of the U.S. internet company's top advisers, people familiar with the matter said.
- FTSE posts biggest weekly gain since mid-April
- UK competition watchdog investigates Sainsbury-Home Retail deal
- Hedge fund TCI backs Deutsche Boerse-LSE merger - Der Spiegel
- Fed's Yellen says rate hike likely appropriate in coming months
- Brexit would be serious risk to global economic growth - G7 leaders |
- Former funds trade body head joins UK regulator
- French insurer AXA sells last UK life and savings business
- Lagarde remote control makes Europeans doubt IMF role in Greek deal
- Commodities broker Marex looks to strike gold as banks exit
- British funds raise cash to five-month highs, brace for Brexit - Reuters Poll