Samsung Electronics Co Ltd said on Friday that a software update for Galaxy Note 7 smartphones will be released mid-December in the United States preventing them from charging and functioning as mobile phones, rendering them useless.
Recent Technology News
WASHINGTON The White House said on Thursday that it raised concerns about China's new cyber security law during a meeting with a Chinese official after the latest round of talks between the two countries on cyber crime.
MUMBAI Fugitive Indian businessman Vijay Mallya said on Friday that his Twitter account had been penetrated by a hacking group called Legion, which posted links to what it alleged were details of Mallya's bank accounts, offshore investments and luxury cars.
FRANKFURT Technical trade secrets were stolen from the steel production and manufacturing plant design divisions of ThyssenKrupp AG in cyber attacks earlier this year, the German company said on Thursday.
LONDON British satellite company Inmarsat will switch to using Arianespace from rival SpaceX to launch a new satellite to provide broadband connectivity to air passengers, it said on Thursday.
BERLIN Germany's domestic intelligence agency on Thursday reported a striking increase in Russian propaganda and disinformation campaigns aimed at destabilizing German society, and targeted cyber attacks against political parties.
- OPEC, non-OPEC agree first global oil pact since 2001
- Russia signs Rosneft deal with Qatar, Glencore
- Greek parliament approves 2017 budget projecting return to strong growth
- ECB's Weidmann - can't exclude option of state joining Italy bank rescues
- Vivendi says not part of potential Canal Plus-Orange talks
- Murdoch's new Sky bid should be probed say opposition politicians
- Prudential investigating Wells Fargo partnership after scandal
- UK retail sales in November show strongest growth in 14 months - BDO
- Saudis order oil cuts to U.S., Europe before non-OPEC talks
- U.S. agency concerned about destroyed, lost phones in VW probe