SAN FRANCISCO - Facebook Inc's fast-growing mobile advertising business helped drive a 61 percent increase in revenue during the second quarter, beating Wall Street's financial targets and sending shares to a record-high in after-hours trading on Wednesday. | Video
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - Federal Trade Commissioner Julie Brill, speaking in Washington on Wednesday, expressed concern about the way apps on smartphones and mobile devices are siphoning sensitive health data, and how some of that information may then be shared with third parties.
SAO PAULO - Any Brazilian wireless carrier left out of the next fourth-generation (4G) spectrum auction is likely to face merger pressure from other players, the superintendent of competition at telecom regulator Anatel said in a Wednesday interview.
- UK car production boosted by new models in first half of 2014
- Poll shows UK homeowner confidence stalls for first time in 18 months - YouGov
- Standard Chartered dismisses media rumours on succession plans
- Asia shares supported by upbeat China factory survey
- China probes 581 firms, restaurants as food safety scare spreads
- China July HSBC flash PMI at 18-month high as stimulus spurs economy
- Japan June exports slide in warning sign for economic outlook
- Facebook beats Wall Street targets, stock hits record high |
- British fraud prosecutor signals possible forex charges next year
- GlaxoSmithKline warns on profits as lung drug sales flag
SAN FRANCISCO - Qualcomm Inc's outlook for the September quarter was below Wall Street's expectations and its shares fell on Wednesday after the leading mobile chipmaker said it was having trouble collecting royalties in China.