BRUSSELS - The EU's highest court struck down a deal that allows thousands of companies to easily transfer personal data from Europe to the United States, in a landmark ruling on Tuesday that follows revelations of mass U.S. government snooping.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - Etsy Inc, the online store that made its name selling handmade crafts, is trying to stop merchants from defecting as giant rival Amazon Inc prepares to attack it on its own ground with a new site for artisanal items called Handmade.
SAN FRANCISCO - Facebook Inc updated its Newsfeed feature on Tuesday so that content loads quickly even with weak Internet connections.
TOKYO - Sony Corp said it will split off its semiconductors operations in a bid to bolster growth in devices such as image sensors, which have helped lead a turnaround at the Japanese electronics maker.
SAN FRANCISCO - Cisco Systems Inc said it had managed to disrupt the spread of one of the most pernicious systems for infecting Internet users with malicious software such as so-called ransomware, which demands payment for decrypting users' data.
- Facebook Inc said it would launch a satellite in partnership with France's Eutelsat Communications to bring Internet access to large parts of sub-Saharan Africa. | Video
- FTSE ends higher as commodities rally
- Britain proposes new rules to weed out 'bad apples' in banking
- EU/IMF may start bailout review last week of October - Greece government source
- VW under pressure for answers as emissions scandal deadlines loom
- UK house prices fall in September - Halifax
- Tesco in deferred prosecution talks with fraud office - Sky News
- IMF sees China slowdown risks, urges Beijing to float yuan
- Glencore plays down impact of possible debt rating downgrade
- SABMiller rejects 'informal' offer from AB InBev as too low - Bloomberg
- Alcatel's strategic undersea cables unit to be swallowed by Nokia