Recent Technology News
- Visa Inc, the world's largest credit and debit card company, reported a better-than-expected quarterly profit on Thursday due to a good holiday season and a strengthening U.S. job market that encouraged people to spend.
BEIJING/SHANGHAI - Alibaba Group Holding Ltd's shares fell more than 10 percent early on Thursday, wiping more than $25 billion of market value after third quarter revenue at the Chinese internet giant fell short of analysts' expectations. | Video
SAN FRANCISCO - Facebook Inc's revenue grew 49 percent in the fourth quarter, as mobile advertising growth helped the world's largest Internet social network beat Wall Street's targets for earnings and sales. | Video
NEW YORK - Cablevision Systems Corp on Thursday sued Verizon Communications Inc, accusing it of falsely advertising to consumers on television, radio and the Internet that its WiFi service is the fastest available.
MOSCOW - One of Vladimir Putin's main opponents may have broken a taboo by publishing what he says is the pseudonym used by one the Russian president's daughters to stay out of the spotlight.
- Asian shares edge up after Wall Street gains
- Shell falls short after oil production income collapses |
- Oil prices slip as output remains high, producers slash costs
- Honda cuts profit guidance as recall costs, sluggish Japan sales bite
- Lower gas prices seen fuelling U.S. consumer spending in fourth-quarter
- UK consumer confidence reaches five-month high in January - GfK
- UK housing starts indicator highest since 2007 - NHBC
- McDonald's franchisees to new CEO: back-to-basics, fast
- Weak Japan inflation puts pressure on BOJ even as economy shows signs of life