FRANKFURT - Apple Inc has acquired Metaio, a German company whose technology melds real-world imagery and computer-generated elements into moving video presentations, according to a corporate filing.
Recent Technology News
- Intel Corp has resumed negotiations to buy smaller chip maker Altera Corp and is close to a $16 billion acquisition agreement, people familiar with the matter said on Friday. | Video
STOCKHOLM - Swedish fingerprint sensor firm Fingerprint Cards said it had cooperated with Google on fingerprint recognition in the new Android software platform, as the U.S. software group looks to boost the use of fingerprint sensors on mobile phones.
NEW YORK - The accused mastermind behind the underground website Silk Road will be sentenced on Friday for orchestrating a scheme that enabled more than $200 million of anonymous online drug sales using the digital currency bitcoin.
- Avago Technologies Ltd agreed on Thursday to buy Broadcom Corp for $37 billion in the largest merger of chipmakers ever, turning a lesser known company run by a ferocious dealmaker into one of the biggest industry players. | Video
HANGZHOU, China/BEIJING - Huarong Asset Management Co Ltd is poised to become the second Chinese bad loan firm to auction soured loans online amid a push by the government to settle these debts as the economy slows, an executive at e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd said.
- U.S. warns G7 of global economy 'accident' without Greece deal
- RBS invites pitches for broker role ahead of privatisation - sources
- FTSE suddenly stalls, ends May with a whimper
- U.S. economy contracts in first quarter; dollar hits corporate profits
- Osborne eyes extra 5 percent spending cuts
- Equinix to buy TelecityGroup for $3.6 billion, Interxion deal ended
- Vodafone, Wind sign letter of intent for Italy fibre-optic network
- 'Brexit' could hit London insurance market - trade body
- Italy first-quarter GDP rises 0.3 percent, modest growth also seen in second quarter
- Ireland agrees to restore some public-sector pay cuts