WASHINGTON - The White House is considering applying sanctions against companies and individuals in China it believes have benefited from Chinese hacking of U.S. trade secrets, the Washington Post reported on Sunday.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - Uber Technologies Inc [UBER.UL] has hired two top vehicle security researchers, the company said on Friday, high-profile additions that come as the ride-hailing service ramps up its work on technology for self-driving cars.
NEW YORK - Microsoft Corp avoided a potentially costly setback to its mobile phone business on Friday as the U.S. International Trade Commission declined to block the import of its devices in a longstanding patent dispute.
, Brussels - - The European Commission will launch a study in September of the ride-hailing app Uber in an effort to settle legal disputes that have pitched the U.S. start-up against conventional taxis across Europe, three people familiar with the matter said on Friday.
TORONTO - The owner of adultery website Ashley Madison had already been struggling to sell itself or raise funds for at least three years before the publication of details about its members, according to internal documents and emails also released by hackers as part of their assault on the company in recent weeks.
OSLO - Only a third of Europe's electronic waste is properly recycled, with vast numbers of cellphones, computers and televisions illegally traded or dumped, a study led by the United Nations and INTERPOL said on Sunday.
- Asian stocks set for worst monthly drop in three years on global rout
- World to Fed - We're prepared for U.S. rate hike, so don't delay
- China state media announces confessions in probes into stocks plunge
- Allianz and Borealis Infrastructure eye London City Airport - source
- France's economy minister calls for euro zone government with fiscal transfers
- China July services trade deficit widens as more spend abroad
- Japan July industrial output falls, signals laboured economic recovery
- British peer-to-peer lender Zopa appoints Janardana as CEO
- Suzuki Motor says it will buy back VW stake as court settles feud
- China fears linger as focus on Fed sharpens