TOKYO - Mark Karpeles, the former head of defunct bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox, was arrested on Saturday in connection with the disappearance of hundreds of millions of dollars worth of the virtual currency, Japanese media reports said.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - Uber Technologies Inc is jostling with drivers suing for reimbursement of their expenses in advance of an important hearing next week in the fight over whether drivers are independent contractors or employees entitled to benefits.
- Uber Technologies Inc has closed a new round of funding that values the online taxi-hailing company at nearly $51 billion, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
WASHINGTON - U.S. federal agencies have increased cybersecurity measures since the hacking at the Office of Personnel Management, but more work is necessary to help prevent further attacks, the results of a 30-day effort to raise standards showed on Friday.
SAN FRANCISCO - Facebook Inc Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg and his wife, Priscilla Chan, are expecting a baby girl, he said on his Facebook page on Friday.
MILFORD, Conn. - The social security numbers and credit card details of up to 6,000 University of Connecticut students, faculty and others may have been stolen by cyberhackers from China, the university said on Friday.
- Greece may seek up to 24 billion euros in first new aid tranche - paper
- New Bank of England policymaker says to cut all hedge fund ties
- Pacific Rim free trade talks fall short of deal |
- Serious Fraud Office investigating oil firm Soma
- Egypt says over half of summit promises turned into projects - planning minister
- Analysts forecast 235 million pound first-half pretax profit for takeover target RSA
- E&Y Japan arm launches internal probe of Toshiba audit
- Apple, BMW in courtship with an eye on car collaboration
- China July factory growth unexpectedly stalls - official PMI survey
- Tumbling oil prices slam profit at Exxon Mobil, Chevron