BRUSSELS - The European Commission will conduct a comprehensive review this year of the role of web giants such as Google, Facebook and Amazon to decide whether it should regulate them more tightly, it said on Wednesday.
Recent Technology News
- Apple Inc's move to line up deals with record labels is under U.S. antitrust scrutiny as the iphone maker prepares to debut a new version of the Beats Music streaming service, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
LUXEMBOURG - In a clash of corporate titans over naming rights in a fast-changing industry, Microsoft and its Skype phone service came out on the losing side of an EU court battle on Tuesday with Rupert Murdoch's television business Sky.
BRUSSELS - The European Union will announce a wide-ranging probe on Wednesday into how big technology companies such as Google , Amazon and Facebook use their market power as it considers whether to regulate them more tightly.
BEIJING - Zhang Long made his fortune selling Pu'er fermented tea and handcrafted furniture from the mountains of his native Yunnan Province in southwest China.
ROME - Telecom Italia has signed an agreement with Swisscom unit Fastweb to test technologies that can bring ultra high speed broadband connections into Italian households using copper wires.
- FTSE boosted by PMI ahead of election
- GlaxoSmithKline targets growth across units, scraps ViiV IPO
- Standard Chartered says HQ under review amid rising UK bank tax
- Britain's big four supermarkets suffer sales falls
- Accused 'flash crash' trader tells UK court - 'I did nothing wrong'
- UK services rebound, easing fears of slowdown on eve of election - PMI
- Airbus aims for new A400M military plane sale this year - executive
- ECB set to decide on increasing Greek bank lifeline
- Sainsbury's posts first loss in a decade