BEIJING Chinese authorities have issued a warning to the country's top e-commerce platforms, including Alibaba Holding Group Ltd's Taobao.com, over the sale of illegal virtual private networks that allow users to skirt state censorship controls.
Recent Technology News
The Wisconsin State Assembly on Thursday will consider a $3 billion incentive package for a proposed liquid-crystal display factory by Taiwan's Foxconn, the first vote on the deal by a chamber of the state's Republican-controlled legislature.
SAN FRANCISCO Silicon Valley joined a swelling backlash against neo-Nazi groups in the United States on Wednesday as more technology companies removed white supremacists from their services in response to weekend violence in Charlottesville, Virginia.
STOCKHOLM Mobile telecom gear maker Ericsson may lay off around 25,000 employees outside Sweden as part of its savings program, Swedish daily Svenska Dagbladet reported on Thursday, citing unidentified sources at the company.
STOCKHOLM Swedish mobile infrastructure firm Ericsson is suing French-Chinese smartphone maker Wiko in two German regional courts over patent infringements, it said on Thursday.
ZURICH Sonova on Thursday launched a new hearing aid microchip capable of streaming audio directly from wireless devices as the Swiss company tries to close the gap with Danish competitors that pioneered similar technology years ago.
- British retail sales slow in July after strong second quarter
- British consumers try to cut costs at fastest pace in two years - Nielsen survey
- Fed-fuelled banking stumble cuts FTSE's winning streak short
- Most businesses have not changed strategic planning due to Brexit - Thomson Reuters CFO survey
- Asda reports first sales growth in three years
- Retailer Kingfisher hurt by sales dip at its British B&Q business
- Lufthansa in talks to buy most of Air Berlin planes - media
- Sixt CEO hints at car-sharing merger talks between BMW and Daimler
- German employment hits record, home building permits fall
- Brickmaker Wienerberger warns of bleaker outlook for UK market, shares fall