HANGZHOU, China - Alibaba Group Holding Ltd is launching a cloud computing hub in Silicon Valley on Wednesday, the e-commerce giant's first outside of China, underscoring its global ambitions in the face of stiff and entrenched competition.
Recent Technology News
BARCELONA - The top watchdog of the U.S. telecommunications market defended new rules that will tighten regulation over the country's broadband providers as necessary to defend consumers' interests and openness on the Internet.
- Apple Inc is discussing a settlement in a lawsuit brought by electric car battery maker A123 Systems, which accused the iPhone maker of poaching top engineers to build a large-scale battery division.
JAKARTA - Selling goods online may only rely on a few mouse clicks, but in Indonesia, delivering purchases to dozens of islands via creaky ports and potholed roads is the logistical challenge Lippo Group faces when its department store opens in cyberspace this month.
TAIPEI - Taiwan has ordered Alibaba Group Holding Ltd to withdraw from the country within six months because the online retailer had violated investment rules required for a Chinese company, an economics ministry official said on Monday. | Video
BRUSSELS - The European Union's antitrust chief has met Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt as she seeks to resolve a four-year investigation into complaints that the Internet search giant abuses its dominance.
- Asian shares drift lower as caution prevails
- Fed's Yellen questions whether Wall Street ethics up to par
- British shop price decline steepens in February - BRC
- Britain agrees sale of Eurostar stake to UK, Canadian funds
- RBS to cut up to 14,000 jobs in investment banking unit - FT
- Barclays will cut investment bank again if performance doesn't improve |
- Corruption watchdog urges UK to curb hot-money flows into property
- Bank of England sacked forex dealer for string of misjudgments - Carney
- Rifkind to step down from Unilever board
- Stryker's $2 billion buyback plan deflates Smith & Nephew bid hopes