- EBay Inc Chief Executive John Donahoe has supported arguments made by Google Inc in its defence in an antitrust case, saying the two companies are direct competitors in online shopping, the Financial Times reported.
Recent Technology News
SHANGHAI - Chinese e-commerce leader Alibaba Group Holding Ltd and state-owned China Telecom Corp Ltd have tied up to sell inexpensive smartphones aimed at boosting mobile commerce in smaller cities and rural areas.
TOKYO - Japanese consumer electronics firm Sony Corp has raised its operating profit estimate for fiscal 2015 to 300 billion yen ($2.52 billion), or four times its previous estimate, the Nikkei reported on Saturday.
BRUSSELS/BERLIN - The European Union's decision to take on Google last week stems from offical complaints by 19 companies in Europe and the United States, including Microsoft and a number of small firms, people familiar with the matter said on Friday.
BRUSSELS - Draft plans for a pan-European regulator for online businesses did not win backing and have been scrapped, EU officials said on Friday.
- Asian shares inch up; focus on central banks, Greece
- Deutsche Bank sees 3.7 billion euros in restructuring costs
- 5,000 small firms back Conservatives ahead of elections - Telegraph
- Government would oppose any takeover of BP - FT
- Brent crude holds near 4-1/2 month high on Yemen, U.S. rig count
- Volkswagen board members demanded Piech go after learning of secret plot
- China March industrial profits fall 0.4 percent, down 2.7 percent in first-quarter
- HSBC considering spinning off British retail bank - Sunday Times
- BHP faces 269 million pound tax bill on Singapore marketing hub
- German Chancellor, Greek PM agree to stay in touch to reach debt deal