SAN FRANCISCO - Apple Inc forecast a strong holiday quarter after a better-than-expected 16 percent jump in iPhone sales, and the strongest growth in Mac computer shipments in years helped the company surpass Wall Street's targets.
Recent Technology News
SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp's new Chief Executive Satya Nadella has become one the technology industry's biggest earners, with a total compensation package worth $84.3 million (52.15 million pounds) this year, according to a document filed with securities regulators on Monday.
NEW YORK - Facebook Inc and Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg have sued several lawyers who represented Paul Ceglia, claiming they helped the upstate New York entrepreneur pursue a fraudulent lawsuit to extort a 50 percent stake in the social networking company.
- U.S. shares gain despite IBM hit, build on Japan stocks surge
- AbbVie says $55 billion acquisition of Shire officially dead
- Bank of England payments system suffers lengthy outage
- Top Allergan holder Paulson urges deal with Shire - sources
- Cooling China GDP growth likely to raise heat on policymakers
- EU budget timetable points to Italy budget being rejected
- Japan's Java wars: Convenience stores angle for coffee market crown
- Actavis, Sanofi among bidders for Omega Pharma- Bloomberg