- EBay Inc is considering a spinoff of PayPal, its fast-growing payments unit, as soon as next year, tech news website The Information reported, citing sources.
Recent Technology News
OSLO - Norwegian software maker Opera signed a deal to take over the browser building unit of Microsoft's Nokia mobile phone unit and reported second-quarter earnings above expectations on Thursday, sending it shares sharply higher.
- Quindell Plc, a British IT outsourcing and consultancy company whose stock has been hammered following allegations by a short-seller, said it is exploring a U.S. stock listing and will not immediately re-apply for a premium listing in London.
- Pfizer back for AstraZeneca? Year-end move seen most likely
- Bank of America settles mortgage probes for $16.65 billion
- Healthcare stocks lift FTSE 100
- EBay considering PayPal spinoff - report
- UK retail sales growth falls to eight-month low, public finances weak
- U.S. judge calls Argentina debt row hearing amid contempt calls
- Ryanair to hold talks on possible Cyprus Airways takeover
- Business growth slows in China and Europe, Russia sanctions still to bite
- UAE central bank says StanChart liable to legal action
- G20 edging towards deal on 'bail-in' bond cushion for banks
VIENNA - An Austrian law student said his class action challenging Facebook for alleged privacy violations had gathered support from 60,000 users and passed its first legal review.