- MI5 to review its handling of intelligence on Manchester bomber
- 'Convinced Atlanticist' Merkel being honest with U.S., spokesman says
- Macron's party seen on top in French parliament election - polls
- German interior minister lauds security ties with U.S., UK
- BA flights returning to normal after damaging IT collapse
The occupation of Marawi city by the Maute, a group aligned with Islamic State, has become the biggest security challenge of Rodrigo Duterte's 11-month presidency, with gunmen resisting air and ground assaults and controlling central parts of a city of 200,000 people.