WASHINGTON The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday handed a victory to President Donald Trump by allowing his temporary ban on travellers from six Muslim-majority countries and all refugees to go into effect for people with no strong ties to the United States while agreeing to decide this fall the legality of the order. | Video
- Mosul battle to end in days as troops advance in Old City - Iraqi general |
- Exclusive - U.S. warship stayed on deadly collision course despite warning: container ship captain |
- Chinese Nobel rights activist Liu Xiaobo released on medical parole
- Germany does not expect charged Erdogan bodyguards to attend G20
Recent World News
ROME Italy's centre-right parties hammered their centre-left rivals in mayoral elections, official results showed on Monday, putting pressure on the ruling Democratic Party (PD) ahead of a national vote due in less than a year.
PARIS French President Emmanuel Macron said on Monday he saw no better way of negotiating an end to the conflict in Ukraine than through the Minsk agreements, sharply differing with comments by U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.
WASHINGTON U.S. President Donald Trump and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hold their first face-to-face meeting in Washington on Monday, seeking to boost U.S.-Indian relations despite differences over trade, the Paris climate accord and immigration.
BUCHAREST Romania's ruling Social Democrats picked Economy Minister Mihai Tudose to replace the prime minister they ousted last week, trying to resolve a political crisis that may erode investor confidence in the country despite its fast-growing economy.
PARIS After winning a large majority in the French lower house this month, new President Emmanuel Macron's party will also be able to count on its own contingent of senators in the upper house, which could prove useful for constitutional reforms.
* Indexes up: Dow 0.22 pct, S&P 0.21 pct, Nasdaq flat (Updates to early afternoon)