These days Washington is not known for bipartisanship, but every now and then a breakthrough is made. It is noteworthy that Vice President Joe Biden, a Democrat, and Senator John McCain, a Republican, are appearing together at a forum in Sedona, Arizona on Friday.
JOHANNESBURG - South Africans united in mourning for Nelson Mandela on Friday, but while some celebrated his remarkable life with dance and song, others fretted that the anti-apartheid hero's death would leave the nation vulnerable again to racial and social tensions. | Video
- U.S. commitment to Middle East security proven, enduring - Hagel
- Australia foreign minister downplays China air defence zone tension in visit
- Cuba drops veto at WTO meet, enabling global trade deal - sources
- French launch Central African Republic mission but deaths mount
- U.N., U.S. call for investigations into Thai trafficking of Rohingya