* Possible merger worth 3 billion pounds (Recasts lead, writes through)
(Repeats earlier column. The opinions expressed here are those of the author, a columnist for Reuters)
JAKARTA, July 25 - Freeport-McMoRan Inc and the Indonesian government on Friday reached a deal over a contract dispute that should pave the way for a resumption of the U.S. company's copper exports after a six-month halt.
* Package will include financial, defence, energy technology
* Cushing inventories fall further, near minimum operating levels
- PetroChina reconsiders sale of natural gas pipeline assets: sources
- Nucor confident of favorable rulings vs steel import 'tsunami'
- Crews gain ground on Washington state wildfire as residents assess damage
- Texas, gas states biggest winners under EPA carbon rules: report
- For Californians, higher costs dampen support for clean energy
No related earnings announcements are currently scheduled within the next 7 days.