NEW YORK, Sept 30 - Commodities posted their biggest quarterly drop in three years on Tuesday as plummeting oil prices and lower markets from gold to copper to soybeans brought the third straight monthly decline to a sector pressured by a surging U.S. dollar.
* Plentiful supplies, strong dollar undermine prices in Q3
LIMA, Sept 30 - Maple Energy Plc dropped 30.53 percent on Tuesday in Lima following its announcement that talks about possibly selling the company ended without a deal.
CHICAGO, Sept 30 - Wearable brain scanners and lasers that can turn hundreds of cells on and off were among 58 projects awarded $46 million in federal grants as part of President Obama's $100 million initiative to unlock the secrets of the human brain.
Sept 30 - Oil and gas producer Afren Plc said an independent review revealed no further incidents of unauthorised payments so far, two months into a probe that has led to the suspension of four executives so far.
- Taxes, fees: the worldwide battle between utilities and solar
- China embraces carbon pricing and UN takes a shine to plan
- U.N. climate summit falls short for marchers, world's poorest
- U.N. climate summit sets goals to save forests, use clean energy
- Obama says global climate deal must include emerging economies
No related earnings announcements are currently scheduled within the next 7 days.