Topics also related to Financials:
- Global Markets
- Consumer Financial Services
- Investment Banking / Brokerage Services
- Multiline Insurance & Brokers
- Financials - Specialty
- Insurance - Property / Casualty
- Insurance - Life / Health
- Real Estate Development / Operations
- REITs - Commercial
- Investment Trusts
KAMPALA, Dec 19 - The Ugandan shilling clawed back some of its recent losses on Friday after some commercial banks unwound long dollar positions and companies converted hard currency to pay taxes. At 1108 GMT commercial banks quoted the shilling at 2,765/2,775, stronger than Thursday's close of 2,775/2,785. "Some banks are cutting back their long dollar positions," said Isaac Iga, chief dealer at Orient Bank. Companies were also selling dollars to pay taxes, he said. T
* Hasen-Real Estate GmbH & Co. KG plans to sell its 80 pct stake in HI Wohnbau GmbH for 47.5 million euros Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)
Dec 19 - CarMax Inc, the largest used-car seller in the United States, reported a 16 percent rise in quarterly revenue as easier availability of credit boosted car sales.
* Acquisition of Shoprite Brits, Shoprite Ennerdale and Shoprite Modimolle
No related earnings announcements are currently scheduled within the next 7 days.