Aerospace & Defence
Topics also related to Aerospace & Defence:
- Commercial Printing Services
- Rails / Roads - Freight
- Heavy Machinery / Vehicles
- Heavy Electrical Equipment
- Industrial Conglomerates
- Employment Services
- Highways / Railtracks
- Industrial Machinery / Equipment
- Marine Transportation
- Airport Services
- Diversified Trading / Distributing
- Business Support - Supplies
- Electrical Components / Equipment
DUBLIN - Aer Lingus's board is set to recommend an improved 1.36 billion euro (1 billion pounds) takeover offer from International Consolidated Airlines Group (IAG) , Irish national broadcaster RTE said. | Video
DUBLIN - Aer Lingus said on Monday it was considering an improved 1.36 billion-euro (1.01 billion pounds) takeover offer from International Consolidated Airlines Group (IAG) , the third attempt by the owner of British Airways (BA) to buy its Irish rival. | Video
- Shares in Flybe Group slumped more than 20 percent on Monday after the British budget airline said it would break even before tax in its financial year ending in March 2015 after a fall in third-quarter passenger revenue.
KABUL - Afghanistan's armed forces are so short of combat-ready aircraft that, late last year, they began fitting machine guns and rockets to Russian-made Mi-17 transport helicopters, dubbed "flying tractors", to bolster their air power. | Video
DUBAI - Dubai's flagship airline, Emirates, is studying whether to cut the fuel surcharge it passes on to customers to reflect recent drops in oil prices, its president said in The National, an Abu Dhabi-based newspaper.
- Bomb threats against two U.S. airline flights on Saturday prompted North American air defense fighter planes to scramble to accompany them to their destination in Atlanta, an airport spokesman said.
- Two U.S. airline flights accompanied by military fighter jets landed safely on Saturday at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in Atlanta after bomb threats were made against them, an airport spokesman said.
LONDON - The owner of British Airways has made a third takeover approach to Aer Lingus, offering to pay 2.50 euros per share, or around 1.3 billion euros in total for the Irish airline, Sky News reported on Saturday.
TRIPOLI - Commercial flights from Libya to mainland Europe resumed after more than six months on Saturday with a Libyan carrier taking off to Germany, the airline said.
BERLIN - Air Berlin said on Saturday it would buy 14 Airbus A320 planes from Alitalia [CAITLA.UL] in a move designed by major shareholder Etihad to benefit both loss-making airlines.