A former senior official at the United Auto Workers trade union was charged on Friday with conspiring with other union officials to accept improper payments from Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV officials over a four-year period.
DETROIT Federal prosecutors on Friday recommended a three-year prison sentence for Volkswagen AG engineer James Liang for his role in a diesel emissions scandal that has cost the German automaker as much as $25 billion (19.42 billion pounds).
PARIS French police are looking for the driver of a white Renault Kangoo van that may been used by people involved in the attacks in and around Barcelona, a French police source told Reuters on Friday.
NEW YORK Lawyers for car owners suing General Motors Co over faulty ignition switches and other defects on Thursday accused the carmaker of meddling in settlement talks and having issued threats that led to the cancelling of an agreement.
FRANKFURT German carmakers Daimler and BMW may be in talks to combine their car-sharing services Car2Go and DriveNow, the chief executive of car rental company and DriveNow partner Sixt hinted on Thursday.
LONDON British retail sales growth slowed broadly as expected in July after a strong second quarter, as shoppers cut back on purchases of most goods other than food, adding to worries about a fall in consumer demand caused by higher inflation.
SEOUL Hyundai Motor Co said on Thursday it was placing electric vehicles at the centre of its product strategy - one that includes plans for a premium long-distance electric car as it seeks to catch up to Tesla and other rivals.
HELSINKI HMD Global, the Finnish start-up looking to reinvigorate the Nokia phone brand, unveiled the Nokia 8 on Wednesday, hoping to cash in on rising consumer demand for high-quality audio and video features.
COLOGNE, Germany Deutsche Post said it would consider broadening an electric van alliance with U.S. carmaker Ford after teaming up to put zero-emissions delivery vans on the road.
SAN FRANCISCO/FRANKFURT Fiat Chrysler will join an alliance led by BMW to develop self-driving cars, intensifying a race by carmakers and technology companies to develop "robotaxis" which can be called up via smartphone and paid for by the minute.
- Trump dumps controversial chief strategist Bannon in latest upheaval |
- Barcelona van attacker may still be alive, on the run - police |
- Finnish police 'quite certain' about attacker's identity - local media |
- UK publisher pulls scholarly articles from China website at Beijing's request
- Trump makes no decision on Afghanistan strategy |
- South Africa has granted Grace Mugabe diplomatic immunity - source |
- Venezuela faces outrage after new assembly takes legislative power
- Ukraine plant sucked into North Korea missile row has fallen on hard times
- Kenyan opposition files case at Supreme Court challenging election results