PARIS Renault's revenue surged by a quarter in the first three months of 2017, the French carmaker said on Thursday, as new models boosted deliveries and pricing, while production increased for industrial partners including Nissan .
DETROIT Ford Motor Co reported a lower quarterly net profit on Thursday but beat analyst expectations amid higher commodity, engineering and recall costs, and a drop in vehicle sales | Video
LONDON/SINGAPORE OPEC production cuts have created record Asian demand for European oil and made China the second biggest consumer of North Sea crude as flows from its usual Middle East suppliers dip.
LONDON British car production rose to a 17-year high in the first three months of 2017, as rising overseas demand offset weaker appetite from domestic car buyers, the country's automotive industry said on Thursday.
MILAN/DETROIT Fiat Chrysler Automobiles may seek more supplier partners to help it develop and build self-driving vehicles, Chief Executive Officer Sergio Marchionne said on Wednesday.
FRANKFURT Volkswagen is considering a possible sale of Italian motorcycle maker Ducati as Europe's largest carmaker streamlines operations to help fund a strategic overhaul following its emissions scandal, two people familiar with the matter said.
BERLIN On-demand ride service company Gett, a partner of Volkswagen , has agreed to buy U.S. rival Juno for $250 million, German magazine Capital reported, without citing the source of the information.
MILAN/DETROIT Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) reported an 11 percent rise in first-quarter operating profit on Wednesday, helped by a surprisingly strong performance in North America where a shift to sales of higher margin SUVs has started to pay off.
FRANKFURT German luxury car manufacturer Daimler AG raised its forecasts on Wednesday, predicting a significant rise in operating profit this year after a surge in sales of Mercedes-Benz luxury cars and sports utility vehicles, boosted by the launch of new models. | Video
BERLIN German auto parts supplier Schaeffler said sales at its industrial division likely returned to growth in the first quarter after three years of declines.
- Armed British police arrest man with knives near May's office |
- Exclusive - Trump says 'major, major' conflict with North Korea possible, but seeks diplomacy |
- Exclusive - Trump complains Saudis not paying fair share for U.S. defence
- Exclusive - Trump spurns Taiwan president's suggestion of another phone call
- London police shoot one, arrest four in counter-terrorism operation
- PM May says Merkel talk of UK illusions shows how tough Brexit talks will be
- British consumer confidence slips to four-month low in April - GfK
- Asian stocks tick up, euro subdued as ECB maintains easing bias
- M&S to trial online grocery service
- With fish and football, French presidential hopefuls woo voters