PARIS The European Investment Bank has asked French investigators to find out whether 800 million euros (693 million pounds) of EU-backed loans to Renault could have been used to develop test-cheating diesel engines, according to documents seen by Reuters.
HAMBURG/BERLIN German environmental group Deutsche Umwelthilfe (DUH) has filed a suit against German motor authority KBA, accusing it of failing to act robustly enough over Volkswagen's diesel emissions scandal.
HONG KONG Sales for German automaker BMW AG's China venture are expected to rise at least 20 percent year-on-year in 2017, the premium automaker's local joint venture partner said on Friday.
BEIJING Chinese automaker Chery Automobile Co Ltd [CHERY.UL] has filed a complaint with the country's trademark regulator over Mercedes-Benz's use of the "EQ" name for a line of green-energy vehicles, throwing up a potential road block for the Daimler AG unit in the world's largest electric car market.
FRANKFURT Volkswagen's finance division reported record earnings last year, despite the carmaker's emissions scandal, and held out the prospect of another strong result in 2017.
AMSTERDAM Japan's Toyota Industries Corp said on Thursday it had agreed to buy privately-held Vanderlande Industries of the Netherlands, a maker of package and baggage handling equipment and software, for about 1.2 billion euros (1.04 billion pounds).
PARIS French finance minister Michel Sapin on Thursday did not rule out France reducing its stake in Renault , but added any sale would have to take place at the best possible market conditions.
FRANKFURT BMW's X1 model will be built in the Netherlands, it said on Wednesday, boosting staff levels at Mini's contract manufacturer VDL Nedcar beyond those at the German carmaker's plant in Oxford, England, where the Mini hatch is made.
MILAN Shares in Fiat Chrysler fell as much as 4 percent on Wednesday, pushed lower by news that French prosecutors have opened a formal investigation into the carmaker over allegations that it cheated in diesel emission tests. | Video
FRANKFURT The public prosecutor's office has launched an investigation against employees at German carmaker Daimler , on suspicion of fraud and misleading advertising, it said on Wednesday.
- France's Macron seen winning first round of presidentials, Fillon slips - BVA poll
- Trump tastes failure as U.S. House healthcare bill collapses |
- Britain's poorest, excluded from banking, turn to high-cost credit - report
- Push for trade with Turkey risks UK's human rights reputation - lawmakers
- Prince George, 3, to start school in September
- Exclusive - UK regulator warns on EDF oversight of Hinkley Point supplier Areva: document
- Link seen between Russia and Libyan commander Haftar - U.S. general
- Tesla to take orders for solar roof tiles starting April
- U.S. shares, dollar pare losses after healthcare bill pulled |
- Five children among 11 Syrians killed as boat sinks off Turkey - DHA