PARIS PSA Group , the French carmaker in talks to buy Opel from General Motors , announced its first dividend in six years and raised its medium-term profitability goal on Thursday after full-year profit almost doubled.
TOKYO Nissan Motor Co said Carlos Ghosn will step aside as CEO after leading the firm for 16 years, allowing him to concentrate on deploying his cost-cutting expertise across its alliance with Renault SA and newly added Mitsubishi Motors Corp .
TOKYO Nissan Motor Co's Carlos Ghosn said the automaker's management team would be "completely accountable" for the company's operations after he steps down as chief executive, even as he stays on as chairman.
PARIS PSA Group's proposed acquisition of Opel would swiftly create savings and value from the General Motors European division's turnaround and complementary brands, the French carmaker's Chief Executive Carlos Tavares said on Thursday.
LONDON/FRANKFURT/PARIS French carmaker PSA Group expects its planned acquisition of General Motors' Opel division to lead to combined sales of 5 million vehicles by 2022 and save as much as 2 billion euros (1.69 billion pounds) annually, sources said, adding that a deal could be finalised in early March.
PARIS PSA Group's proposed acquisition of Opel from General Motors offers benefits to all sides but the companies must address concerns about jobs, French Economy Minister Michel Sapin said on Wednesday.
LONDON/FRANKFURT/PARIS French carmaker PSA Group expects its planned acquisition of General Motors' Opel division to lead to combined sales of 5 million vehicles by 2022 and save as much as 2 billion euros (£1.7 billion) annually, as the talks advance towards a likely deal in early March, sources told Reuters.
BERLIN Lawmakers from Volkswagen's home region called on Wednesday for an inquiry into the sudden departure of the German carmaker's compliance chief last month, saying they were concerned the supervisory board was not overseeing the business effectively.
LONDON Japanese carmaker Nissan said on Wednesday that the Brexit-induced fall in the pound, which dropped by some 15 percent against the euro after the June 23 referendum, had left it slightly worse off.
DRESDEN, Germany Volkswagen wants to build more electric cars in eastern Germany and backs a Tesla -style expansion of charging stations in the city of Dresden, evidence of efforts to reshape its business after a diesel emissions scandal.
- Barclays gets surprise core capital boost as profit climbs
- British government cuts stake in Lloyds to below 4 percent
- Iraqi security forces storm Mosul airport, military base
- European shares steady near highs, Barclays and RSA advance
- Europe's recovery still fragile - ECB's Praet
- Malaysia requests Interpol alert on four North Koreans over airport murder
- One fifth of UK shoppers fear Brexit may impact spending - PwC survey
- Centrica returns to profit growth, flags dividend rise
- Germany spends on migrants, boosting growth as budget surplus soars
- Mexico bristles at 'hostile' Trump deportation rules before U.S. talks |