LONDON/DUBLIN Britain has said there should be no border posts or immigration checks between Ireland and the British province of Northern Ireland after Brexit, in a paper that attempts to resolve one of the most complex aspects of its departure from the European Union. | Video
- Brexit talks on future UK-EU relationship likely delayed to December - Sky News
- Backlash against Trump intensifies after his comments on Virginia violence |
- Scottish parliament says 'brute-force' cyber-attack ongoing, has not breached defences
- Ireland says EU demand that Apple pay it 13 billion euros in back taxes unjustified
- Trump praises North Korea's Kim for 'wise' decision on Guam |
CARACAS Venezuelans who express "hate or intolerance" will be jailed for up to 25 years under a bill pending in the country's newly-formed constituent assembly, a measure the opposition fears will be used by the government to further crack down on dissent.
LONDON British police said on Wednesday they had arrested the brother of a man suspected of abducting a British model in Milan and threatening to auction her online unless a ransom was paid.
HELSINKI HMD Global, the Finnish start-up looking to reinvigorate the Nokia phone brand, unveiled the Nokia 8 on Wednesday, hoping to cash in on rising consumer demand for high-quality audio and video features.
BERLIN Pope Francis - in comments in the foreword of a new book - has branded sexual abuse of children by Roman Catholic priests a "monstrosity" and pledged action against perpetrators and bishops who protected them.