WASHINGTON The White House vowed on Sunday to fight the news media "tooth and nail" over what it sees as unfair attacks, with a top adviser saying the Trump administration had presented "alternative facts" to counter low inauguration crowd estimates. | Video
- Samsung burning to regain trust with results of Note 7 fires probe
- Gambians celebrate as West African troops enter capital after Jammeh flees |
- Analysis - First days of Trump era signal America's deepening political divide
- Dollar slips, stocks on defensive after Trump's protectionist address
- UK seeks interventionist approach to drive post-Brexit industrial revival
ASTANA Syria's warring sides meet in Kazakhstan's capital on Monday with Russia, Turkey and Iran, sponsors of the talks, trying to make progress towards a goal others have repeatedly failed to reach: an end to the six-year-old conflict.
WASHINGTON President Donald Trump invited Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to visit Washington in early February during a phone call in which they discussed the importance of strengthening the U.S.-Israeli relationship, the White House said on Sunday.
PARIS Benoit Hamon, a former Socialist government rebel won the first round of a primary on Sunday and will meet ex-prime minister Manuel Valls in a runoff to decide who will be the candidate of the beleagured left in a presidential election in spring. | Video
PENNE, Italy Italian rescue workers have found the dead body of a man in the wreckage of the hotel in central Italy that was buried in an avalanche last week, the Italian fire service said on Sunday, with 23 people were still missing as the search operation continues. | Video