PHOENIX U.S. Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump vowed on Wednesday that anyone who is in the United States illegally would be subject to deportation if he is elected, stressing his hardline position after flirting with a softer approach. | Video
- Britain to seek unique deal with EU, including immigration curbs
- Brazil's Rousseff ousted by Senate, Temer sworn in |
- Shareholder committees could curb UK bosses' pay bonanza - report
- Spain's acting PM loses confidence vote to form government
- UK government needs stronger response to VW emissions scandal - committee
WASHINGTON The United States has accused the European Union of grabbing revenue intended for U.S. coffers when it ordered Apple Inc to pay up to $14.5 billion (11.04 billion pounds) in back taxes, a decision that could cause friction at an international summit in China next week.
MARANELLO, Italy Germany reassured Italy on Wednesday that Europe would help the country after last week's deadly earthquake, with Chancellor Angela Merkel saying solutions could be found to overcome budget restrictions.
JARABLUS, Syria Turkey wants to clear Islamic State from a 90-km (56-mile) stretch of territory on the Syrian side of its border, an official said on Wednesday, a week after it launched an incursion that has strained ties with the United States.
BEIRUT/WASHINGTON Islamic State said on Tuesday one of its most prominent and longest-serving leaders was killed in what appeared to be an American air strike in Syria, depriving the militant group of the man in charge of directing attacks overseas. | Video