DAVOS, Switzerland - Senior Saudi and Iranian figures clashed behind closed doors at a private meeting convened by the World Economic Forum in Davos this week to try to promote peace in Syria, participants said. Full Article
WINNIPEG, Manitoba Canadian stockpiles of wheat and canola dwindled to multi-year lows ahead of planting season after a brisk winter of exports, according to a Reuters survey of 11 traders and analysts.
CHICAGO Informa Economics, a private analytics firm, on Tuesday lowered its estimate of 2015/16 soybean harvest in Brazil and Argentina, trade sources said.
Dry weather in Brazil may reduce the country's winter corn crop by 5 million to 10 million tonnes, resulting in a similar drop in exports from the world's No. 2 supplier of the grain, Bunge CEO Soren Schroder said on Thursday.
LONDON Analysts are scaling back global coffee surplus projections to a more balanced market due to a drop in Brazilian robusta output and warn dry weather in Vietnam could mean further reductions.
LONDON The International Grains Council (IGC) on Thursday raised its forecasts for 2016/17 world wheat and corn crops, with total supply potentially reaching a record level.
HANOI Vietnam could export more than 3 million tonnes of rice in the first half of 2016, up 12 percent from the previous year, on rising demand from China and other Southeast Asian nations, amid supply concerns caused by drought, the government said on Friday.
LONDON Czarnikow on Thursday revised up its 2015/16 global sugar deficit forecast to 11.4 million tonnes from an earlier forecast of a 8.2 million tonnes deficit made in December.
JAKARTA Indonesia will investigate palm oil companies that are signatories to the Indonesian Palm Oil Pledge (IPOP) for potential anti-competitive practices, the country's anti-monopoly agency (KPPU) said.
Exclusive interviews from Davos
- Rescued migrants say ship sank off Italy with hundreds aboard - NGO
- At G7, Cameron keeps lid on press pack's 'Brexit' probing
- Trump's San Diego rally draws more than 1,000 chanting protesters |
- Lufthansa suspends Caracas flights as Venezuelan economy struggles
- Soccer-Ronaldo helps Real hand Atletico another final defeat
- Canada's Trudeau defends assisted suicide bill as deadline nears
- Argentine court finds 15 guilty in Operation Condor conspiracy |
- Vintage plane crashed in Hudson River during emergency landing: owner |
- WHO rejects call for Olympics to be moved due to Zika
- Turkish rockets, U.S.-led coalition hit Islamic State in Syria: media