DAVOS, Switzerland - Senior Saudi and Iranian figures clashed behind closed doors at a private meeting convened by the World Economic Forum in Davos this week to try to promote peace in Syria, participants said. Full Article
LONDON Analysts are scaling back global coffee surplus projections to a more balanced market due to a drop in Brazilian robusta output and warn dry weather in Vietnam could mean further reductions.
LONDON The International Grains Council (IGC) on Thursday raised its forecasts for 2016/17 world wheat and corn crops, with total supply potentially reaching a record level.
HANOI Vietnam could export more than 3 million tonnes of rice in the first half of 2016, up 12 percent from the previous year, on rising demand from China and other Southeast Asian nations, amid supply concerns caused by drought, the government said on Friday.
LONDON Czarnikow on Thursday revised up its 2015/16 global sugar deficit forecast to 11.4 million tonnes from an earlier forecast of a 8.2 million tonnes deficit made in December.
JAKARTA Indonesia will investigate palm oil companies that are signatories to the Indonesian Palm Oil Pledge (IPOP) for potential anti-competitive practices, the country's anti-monopoly agency (KPPU) said.
ABU DHABI/HAMBURG Egypt's state grain buyer, the General Authority for Supply Commodities (GASC) has received offers from only five trading firms in its wheat tender on Thursday as uncertainty over quality rules continues to affect supplier appetite.
SHANGHAI China's major steel mills have made combined losses of 11.4 billion yuan ($1.8 billion) for the first two months of this year as chronic oversupply weighed on the sector, an official with the China Iron & Steel Association (CISA) said on Thursday.
HELSINKI Finland may replace part of its social security net with a universal basic wage as it looks to rein in state spending, if a pilot project recommended by government advisors succeeds.
Exclusive interviews from Davos
- 'Monstrous' violence in Syria as government excludes Aleppo from truce
- Oil rig helicopter crashes off Norway coast, 13 presumed dead |
- Aviation industry seeks EU intervention in Britain-Spain row over Gibraltar airport
- British support for EU membership split 50-50 - ORB poll
- Britain praises Cuba's Castro for embracing realities of modernity
- Insight - How Barclays turned a $10 billion profit into a tax loss
- Rowing chief to lead investigation into British cycling
- Simulating Mars exploration, astronaut Peake guides rover from space |
- China denies Hong Kong visit request by U.S. carrier group - Pentagon