LONDON Publisher Pearson said on Tuesday it had agreed a deal to insure a third of its pension scheme liabilities totalling 1.2 billion pounds with Legal & General and Aviva .
Latest Pension News
- Lloyds buys Zurich UK's pensions, savings business
- Pension Insurance Corp agrees 600 million pound buy-in deal with Wolseley UK
- UK watchdog to investigate conflicts of interest among pension fund advisers
- EU oversight plan draws fire from financial firms and consumers alike
- MPs seek clarity on cross-border pensions after Brexit
Recent Pension News
MILAN The surging euro has played spoilsport with what had become global investors' top trade this year -- buying European equities - though for some recent weakness in stocks offers a chance to reshuffle portfolios and stay invested.
LONDON Sterling's bounce back to a one-year high against the dollar this week may be welcome news for the Bank of England, but not for UK stock market investors.
LONDON Britain's competition regulator has launched an investigation into investment consultants following concerns about conflicts of interest in an industry advising on the management of over 1.6 trillion pounds of pension and other funds.
FRANKFURT Rock-bottom interest rates and political uncertainty such as Brexit mean risks of an asset price bubble are at their highest, a European markets watchdog said on Tuesday, in an unusually strongly worded warning to investors.
LONDON Bank of England Governor Mark Carney said on Tuesday the central bank still had to balance the need to support job creation and growth with an inflation rate that is running above its target.