LONDON A drop in life expectancy has enabled Legal & General to release reserves against mortality risk, it said on Wednesday, driving first-half profits up by an above-forecast 27 percent.
Latest Pension News
- Investors eye tracking differences, liquidity as bond ETFs balloon
- Income investors run for cover as dependable UK dividends in jeopardy
- Graphics - Ten-years from global financial crisis: a decade in charts
- UK bulk annuities may top 10 billion pounds in 2017 - report
- Fund outflows pressure Standard Life shares ahead of Aberdeen merger
Recent Pension News
LONDON Britain's markets watchdog has asked an academic who accused the funds industry of being in "collective denial" over fees to come up with a common format for asset managers to publish their charges.
LONDON British investors have raised their holdings of European equities to the highest since September 2015 in a bet that a surging euro will not derail the bloc's economic recovery and super-easy credit policies will remain in place.
LONDON Britain's markets watchdog has proposed rolling out banker accountability rules to thousands of staff in other parts of the financial sector a decade after taxpayer bailouts and market rigging scandals saw only a few individuals punished.
LONDON British-based investment firms' long-standing ability to manage billions of euros of assets elsewhere in Europe could be threatened by Brexit, new EU guidance suggests.
LONDON Britain's new plastic bank notes will continue to be made with traces of animal fat despite thousands of complaints from vegetarians and religious groups.