Reuters - Video

Edition: U.S. | U.K. | IN | CN | JP

Editors' Picks

Producers guilty on Ford's 'Star Wars' leg break

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 - 00:51

A production company involved in making 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' has pleaded guilty in a British court to failing to protect actors and workers after an incident in which Harrison Ford's leg was broken, officials said on Tuesday. Francis Maguire reports.

▲ Hide Transcript

View Transcript

It might be one of the biggest box office draws of all time, but 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' wasn't without incident on-set. Han Solo himself, Harrison Ford, was seriously injured in July 2014 when he was trapped under a metal door on the Millennium Falcon set. On Tuesday, Foodles Production (UK) pled guilty to failing to protect actors and workers. The UK's Health and Safety Executive said it was "a foreseeable incident". Ford himself commented on his injury towards the end of last year. SOUNDBITE: Actor, Harrison Ford, saying (English): "You know, I mean, it's an accident. Accidents happen. It's a complicated workplace, a movie stage - a lot of things going on, and it was an accident." Foodles Production is due to be sentenced in August.

Press CTRL+C (Windows), CMD+C (Mac), or long-press the URL below on your mobile device to copy the code

Producers guilty on Ford's 'Star Wars' leg break

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 - 00:51