Aug 31 (Reuters) - Italy’s Banca Carige says:
* Confirms deadlines for asset sales
* Received more than 30 expressions of interest for 1.2 billion euro bad loan portfolio and bad loan management platform on sale
* Expects non-binding bids in coming weeks and binding offers by early November after opening virtual data room in August
* To select shortlist of bidders by mid-September for sale of building in centre of Milan. To assess binding bids by end-September
* To select non-binding bids for consumer credit unit Creditis by mid-September. Sale of merchant book business is at an advanced stage.
* Expects to carry out by December proposed capital strengthening which includes rights issue and possible liability management
* Board to examine on Sept. 13 new business plan which will presented the following day Further company coverage: (Reporting by Milan Newsroom)