Sept 1 (Reuters) - Commonwealth Bank Of Australia
* responds to media reports on transaction monitoring
* document referred to in reports was working document, proposing technology enhancements as part of ongoing program
* notes recent media reports concerning compliance & transaction monitoring in offshore jurisdictions by institutional banking & markets division
* Program of action, including automation of tasks currently undertaken manually
* program includes investment in systems to enhance transaction monitoring currently performed in Australia & offshore jurisdictions
* a committee of board of bank was established on 8 Aug to oversee bank’s response to austrac’s statement of claim.
* committee comprises Mary Padbury, who chairs committee, Catherine Livingstone, Brian Long , Shirish Apte Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: