March 27 (Reuters) - Home Bancshares Inc -
* Home Bancshares Inc and Stonegate Bank announced signing of a definitive agreement and plan of merger for home to acquire Stonegate
* Stonegate will merge into Centennial and shareholders of stonegate will receive proceeds from transaction of approximately $749.8 million
* Holders of outstanding stock options of stonegate will receive about $28.6 million in cash in cancellation of their options immediately before merger
* Deal consists of approximately $50.0 million in cash and approximately $699.8 million of home common stock.
* Total transaction value of approximately $778.4 million. Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: