Aug 22 (Reuters) - IP Group Plc
* Istesso commences phase 2a for mbs2320 in rheumatoid arthritis and expands research and development collaboration with Janssen
* Istesso has announced the successful dosing of the first patients in a Phase 2a study of its investigational drug, MBS2320, for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis
* The progression to Phase 2a follows the successful completion of dosing in a Phase 1 study and is accompanied by an expansion of the financial terms of Istesso’s 2014 Option and Licence Agreement with Janssen Biotech, Inc. (“Janssen”).
* MBS2320 is a first-in-class metabolic reprogramming agent for the treatment of RA and is distinguished from existing treatments by its dual mode-of-action that not only reduces inflammation but may also promote bone and joint remodelling.
* Istesso is a majority-owned subsidiary of the Group and its results are consolidated into those of the Group rather than being included as a portfolio company held at fair value. Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting By Pamela Barbaglia)