July 21 (Reuters) - Mcclatchy Co
* Mcclatchy reports second quarter 2017 results
* Q2 revenue fell 7.1 percent to $225.1 million
* Q2 loss per share $4.91
* Mcclatchy Co - grew digital-only subscribers to 91,000 in quarter, or 13.8% from q1 of 2016
* Mcclatchy Co - in quarter, grew average total unique visitors 14.6%, local unique visitors up 10.7%
* Mcclatchy Co says for second half of 2017, company expects to grow digital-only advertising revenue at a double-digit rate for all of 2017
* Mcclatchy Co - audience revenues are expected to be stable in 2017.
* Mcclatchy Co - digital-only advertising revenues grew 10.0% in q2 of 2017
* Mcclatchy Co - "believes that print advertising will continue to become a smaller portion of advertising and total revenue"
* Mcclatchy - Q2 net loss of $4.91 per share includes after-tax non-cash impairments of $28.8 million on carrying value of co's interest in careerbuilder
* Mcclatchy Co - "declining trends in print advertising are not anticipated to subside in remainder of 2017"
* Mcclatchy Co qtrly total digital advertising revenues declined 0.9% compared to same quarter last year
* Mcclatchy Co - will maintain focus on monetizing real estate assets throughout 2017 with goal of realizing approximately $100 million in proceeds in 2017 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: