Aug 22 (Reuters) - Provident Financial Plc
* Disruption to home credit trading
* Collections performance and sales are both showing substantial underperformance against comparable period in 2016
* Collections performance is currently running at 57 pct versus 90 pct in 2016
* Pre-Exceptional loss of home credit business is now likely to be in a range of between 80 mln pounds and 120 million pounds.
* A thorough and rapid review of home credit’s performance is underway to secure turnaround of business
* Trading performance of Vanquis Bank, Moneybarn and Satsuma remain in line with internal plans.
* Board has determined that group must protect capital base and financial flexibility by withdrawing interim dividend declared on 25 July 2017
* Indicate that a full-year dividend is unlikely
* Peter Crook has decided to step down as chief executive with immediate effect
* Manjit Wolstenholme will assume role of executive chairman Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting By Rachel Armstrong)