Sept 1 (Reuters) - The following are the top stories in the Financial Times. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
* Brexit negotiators impatient over scant progress. on.ft.com/2vN8les
* Volkswagen offers UK drivers up to 7,000 pounds to scrap diesel cars. on.ft.com/2vNDUVp
* French government unveils jobs market liberalisation. on.ft.com/2vN8AWU
* Britain’s exit negotiations with the European Union this week failed to make the kind of progress needed to open talks on their future relationship in October, the bloc’s chief negotiator, Michel Barnier, said on Thursday.
* Volkswagen is offering drivers in Britain up to 7,000 pounds to scrap their old diesel cars for newer models hours after rival Toyota unveiled a similar scheme.
* French President Emmanuel Macron’s government announced reforms to loosen labour regulations and drive down unemployment, drawing criticism from unions but limited support for the street protests that have hindered previous reform bids. (Compiled by Bengaluru newsroom; Editing by Sandra Maler)