LONDON, Aug 22 (Reuters) -
* Hitachi’s Horizon Nuclear Power unit has appointed construction firm Bechtel as project manager for its nuclear project in Wales, Horizon said on Wednesday.
* Bechtel will have nearly 200 employees working in Horizon and will oversee the project management of the power station.
* U.S.-based Bechtel has been involved in building more than 150 nuclear plants worldwide.
* Hitachi’s Horizon plans to construct 5.4 gigawatts of new nuclear capacity at two sites in Britain, with the first at Wylfa Newydd in Wales and a second at Oldbury-on-Severn in England.
* Britain said earlier this year it would consider directly investing in the Wylfa project and was in negotiations with the company over funding. (Reporting by Susanna Twidale Editing by Edmund Blair)