BEIJING, Oct 23 (Reuters) -
* China’s imports of scrap metal in September fell to the lowest level this year, down 44.6 percent to 360,000 tonnes, the General Administration of Customs said on Tuesday.
* Arrivals of scrap copper in September plunged 38.9 percent to 200,000 tonnes, curbed by the hefty tariffs on imports from the United States.
* China September scrap aluminium imports dropped 46.9 percent to 100,000 tonnes.
* Waste paper imports also fell last month, down 23.6 percent to 1.6 million tonnes.
* No waste plastic was brought in by Chinese traders in September, according to customs data. (Reporting by Muyu Xu and Tom Daly; Editing by Sunil Nair)