MILAN (Reuters) - Bologna coach Sinisa Mihajlovic can leave quarantine and will be present at training on Tuesday after returning a second negative COVID-19 test, the Serie A club said on Monday.
The 51-year-old Serb, who tested positive in August, was considered a high risk because he was diagnosed with leukaemia and underwent chemotherapy last year, but he remained asymptomatic.
“In light of the negative results from recent COVD-19 tests, Bologna head coach Sinisa Mihajlovic may now return to his regular duties,” said Bologna in a statement.
Mihajlovic said he might have been infected by his children who were frequenting discotheques during the summer holidays.
Writing by Brian Homewood
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.