July 29 (Reuters) - Moog Inc
* Q3 earnings per share $1.00
* Q3 earnings per share view $0.88 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Total aircraft controls sales in quarter were $274 million, up 1 percent from a year ago.
* Current backlog at quarter-end is $1.2 billion
* quarterly military aircraft sales of $134 million were 5 percent lower year over year
* FY EPS forecast unchanged from 90 days ago
* Moog Inc says updated its projections for fiscal 2016, ending October 1, 2016, to include sales of $2.42 billion Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: