Dec 28 (Reuters) - Southwest Gas Corp
* Announces holding company structure
* Approval by its board of directors to implement previously proposed holding company structure, effective January 1, 2017
* No material operational or financial impacts are expected.
* Southwest Gas Corp’s shareholders will automatically become shareholders of Southwest Gas Holdings, on a one-for-one basis
* “Reorganization is designed to provide further separation between Southwest’s regulated and unregulated businesses”
* Holding company will be named Southwest Gas Holdings, and will be traded on New York Stock Exchange under same ticker symbol, SWX
* Southwest Gas Corporation, Centuri Construction Group,their respective subsidiaries, will become subsidiaries of Southwest Gas Holdings Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: