July 25, 2018 / 4:54 AM / a year ago

Swiss stocks - Factors to watch on July 25

ZURICH, July 25 (Reuters) - The Swiss blue-chip SMI was seen opening unchanged at 9,003 points on Wednesday, according to premarket indications by bank Julius Baer .

Here are some of the main factors that may affect Swiss stocks today.


The Swiss drug ingredients maker upgraded its 2018 growth target as its Capsugel acquisition exceeds expectations and on “buoyant demand” from pharmaceutical and biotech customers.

For more news, click on

EFG International

Money manager EFG International said its net profit fell 27 percent during the first half of the year as insurance products weighed on results, but it achieved a positive inflow of assets for first time since buying troubled bank BSI in 2016.

For more news, click on


Chief Executive Sergio Ermotti said he does not fear the bank being taken over by a U.S.-rival, he told Tages-Anzeiger. “I don’t have sleepless nights and certainly not because of that,” he said in the interview published on Wednesday.

For more news, click on


* Sulzer said orders in the United States had increased by 15 percent during the second quarter, showing it had not been hit by sanctions placed on its former owner. It also reported an increase in its net profit to 64.3 million francs for the first half of the year.

* Bucher Industries reported a half year operating profit of 142 million Swiss francs.

* Bobst Group said its net profit declined to 24.9 million Swiss francs from 27.7 million francs a year earlier.

* Dormakaba said it has agreed to sell its 40 percent shareholding in ISEO to the Facchinetti family, who already owns the remaining 60 percent in the company, for an undisclosed sum.

* Gurit Holding said that Martin Bisgang, a Swiss investor, has increased his holding in the company to 66,000 shares, equivalent to 10 percent of the voting rights.

* Valora said its net profit during the first half of the year fell 12.7 percent to 21 million francs due to a value adjustment for discontinued operations.

* Calida said net income in the first half decreased 25.1 percent to 4.4 million francs due to positive one-time effects from tax and valuation of foreign currency positions in the prior year.

* Meyer Burger Technology said it has won another contract for its SWCT technology with an important international solar module manufacturer in Southeast Asia.

* Julius Baer Chief Executive Bernhard Hodler said he could imagine major takeovers of more than 20 billion in client funds, he told Swiss newspaper Finanz und Wirtschaft.

* Schmolz + Bichenbach has so far seen no negative effects from steel tariffs, Chief Executive Clemens Iller told Finananz und Wirtschaft.


* Swiss Investor Sentiment data is due to be published at 0800 GMT.

Reporting by Zurich newsroom

0 : 0
  • narrow-browser-and-phone
  • medium-browser-and-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser
  • wide-browser-and-larger
  • medium-browser-and-landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser-and-larger
  • above-phone
  • portrait-tablet-and-above
  • above-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet-and-above
  • landscape-tablet-and-medium-wide-browser
  • portrait-tablet-and-below
  • landscape-tablet-and-below