ZURICH/BERLIN, April 30 (Reuters) - The Swiss blue-chip SMI was seen opening 0.1 percent lower at 9,728 points on Tuesday, according to premarket indications by bank Julius Baer .
Here are some of the main factors that may affect Swiss stocks:
Clariant cautioned about a tough economic environment as the Swiss speciality chemicals maker reported first-quarter sales in line with expectations. Sales were flat at 1.72 billion Swiss francs ($1.69 billion). In local currencies, Clariant’s sales increased by 2 percent. Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation after exceptional items fell 8 percent to 236 million francs, missing expectations of 253 million francs.
The company said keyboards and mice for players of multiplayer online games like Fortnite had surged as the peripherals maker reported a 22 percent increase in profit during its fourth quarter.
Chief Financial Officer Vincent Pilette will leave at the end of May to join another firm.
* Novartis AG’s Sandoz unit signs trastuzumab biosimilar agreement with Eirgenix
* Straumann Holding AG: Q1 group revenue climbs 15% in Swiss francs to CHF 372 million; full-year 2019 outlook confirmed
* Feintool International Holding AG: Q1 net sales grew due to acquisition to CHF 174 million; expects net result to remain positive in 2019 financial year
* Addex Therapeutics Ltd: net loss for 2018 was CHF 1.6 million compared to CHF 3.2 million for 2017
* EFG International AG: announces the closing of the acquisition of majority stake in Shaw and Partners
* HIAG Immobilien said Martin Durchschlag will step down as CEO.
* Galenica AG: will acquire a majority stake in the Bichsel group
* Meyer Burger Technology AG: receives further order from a Chinese manufacturer for its Maia platform; order volume of CHF 10 million
* Ypsomed Holding AG: expands location Solothurn, creation of 40 new jobs; to move around 110 existing jobs from Burgdorf to Solothurn
* Kuros Biosciences AG: to propose re-appointment of chairman and board members at annual general meeting
ROCHE HOLDING AG: MORGAN STANLEY RAISES TARGET PRICE TO SFR 324 FROM SFR 316
* Swiss April KOF indicator due at 0700 GMT. Seen at 96.9 points
Reporting by Zurich newsroom and Berlin Speed Desk