ZURICH/BERLIN, Aug 20 (Reuters) - The Swiss blue-chip SMI was seen opening 0.1% higher at 9,839 points on Tuesday, according to premarket indications by bank Julius Baer .
Here are some of the main factors that may affect Swiss stocks:
* Meier Tobler said it returned to a small profit in the first half of 2019, from a 7.3 million franc loss a year earlier, as sales of warehouse goods at a business it is shuttering were better than expected. Sales in its continuing businesses fell 4.2% to 236.9 million francs.
* Implenia said its consolidated first-half profit fell to just 500,000 Swiss francs, from 8.9 million francs in the year-earlier period, as the construction company reorganises. It confirmed its midterm EBITDA target.
* Thurgauer Kantonalbank said Max Soller and Axel Vietze will leave their posts on the board
* Luzerner Kantonalbank said its first-half profit was 100.5 million francs, roughly matching last year’s figure.
* Komax said it had a challenging first-half amid weakness in the automotive industry, as order intake fell 19.2%, revenues slipped 14.2% and group profit plunged nearly two-thirds to 10.7 million francs.
* Kuros Biosciences said its net loss was stable at 5.2 million francs in the first half, draining its cash reserves down to 13.4 million francs
* Schlatter Industries said its operating result (EBIT) rose to CHF 1.9 million in the first half of 2019.
* VP Bank said its total operating income in the first half rose 10%.
* Bellevue Group sold its Bank am Bellevue unit to KBL Epb, as it focuses on asset management and private market activities.
ZURICH INSURANCE GROUP AG: Jefferies raises to “buy” from “hold”
July trade data due at 0600 GMT. (Reporting by Zurich newsroom and Berlin Speed Desk)