ZURICH/BERLIN, July 9 (Reuters) - The Swiss blue-chip SMI was seen opening 0.4% higher at 10,221 points on Thursday, according to premarket indications from bank Julius Baer.
Here are some of the main factors that may affect Swiss stocks:
For the latest on the worldwide spread of the coronavirus, see this factbox:
Barry Callebaut’s sales volumes improved in June, letting it raise its mid-term guidance for the three-year period starting in September as it hopes to shrug off the COVID-19 hit it took in the three months to May, it said on Thursday.
The European Commission has struck deals with drugmakers Roche and Merck KGaA to secure supplies of experimental treatments for COVID-19, a Commission source told Reuters on Wednesday. The deals cover Roche’s arthritis drug RoActemra and Merck’s multiple sclerosis drug Rebif - both seen as potential COVID-19 therapies - and will secure supplies for any of the 27 European Union member states wanting to buy them, the source said.
* Molecular Partners AG: to collaborate with AGC Biologics for manufacturing of anti-COVID-19 Darpin program; clinical studies planned for Q4 2020
* Straumann Holding AG: acquires DrSmile, a provider of clinician-led clear-aligner treatment solutions in Germany
* Adecco Group AG: completes share capital reduction
* Mikron Holding AG: expects H1 decline in EBIT margin (before restructuring costs) to around -5% (H1 of 2019: +4.8%); expects operating loss for the first half
* VAT Group AG: order intake in Q2 of 2020 amounted to CHF 177 million, up 32% year on year; net sales CHF 173 million, an increase of 28%; increase is result of stronger-than-expected demand across semiconductor industry
* Dormakaba appoints Sabrina Soussan as CEO effective April 1, 2021.
* Bell Food Group AG increases its stake in Mosa Meat, the world’s leading company for cultured beef, with the additional goal of having the product admitted to market in Europe by 2022.
* Mindbody Inc’s co-founder Rick Stollmeyer is transitioning from CEO to executive chair, with Josh McCarter assuming the CEO position.
* Private Equity Holding AG said that as of June 30, the net asset value per share stood at 82.16 euros (CHF 87.52), an increase of 0.5% in euros since May 31.
* Cilag Holding is offering up to about 11.8 million shares in Idorsia in an advanced bookbuilding
* SWISS RE AG: DEUTSCHE BANK RAISES TARGET PRICE TO CHF 95 FROM CHF 90
* ADECCO GROUP AG: DEUTSCHE BANK RAISES TARGET PRICE TO CHF 42 FROM CHF 36
* ABB LTD: CITIGROUP RAISES PRICE TARGET TO CHF 26 FROM CHF 21
* COMET HOLDING AG: CREDIT SUISSE INITIATES WITH OUTPERFORM, CHF 157 TARGET PRICE
* SENSIRION HOLDING AG: CREDIT SUISSE RAISES TARGET PRICE TO CHF 31 FROM CHF 26
* KLINGELNBERG AG: CREDIT SUISSE CUTS TARGET PRICE TO CHF 28 FROM CHF 30
* FORBO HOLDING AG: CREDIT SUISSE RAISES TARGET PRICE TO CHF 1590 FROM CHF 1580
* GEORG FISCHER AG: CREDIT SUISSE RAISES TARGET PRICE TO CHF 920 FROM CHF 900
* DAETWYLER HOLDING AG: CREDIT SUISSE RAISES TARGET PRICE TO CHF 210 FROM CHF 172
* CREDIT SUISSE GROUP AG: JP MORGAN RAISES PRICE TARGET TO CHF 11.8 FROM CHF 11
No major economic data due.
Reporting by Zurich newsroom and Berlin Speed Desk