ZURICH/BERLIN, May 3 (Reuters) - The Swiss blue-chip SMI was seen opening 0.1 percent lower at 9,737.5 points on Friday, according to premarket indications by bank Julius Baer .
Here are some of the main factors that may affect Swiss stocks:
First-quarter net profit fell 6.1 percent to $429 million as claims from large losses offset a 5.5 percent rise in net premiums.
Shares indicated down 1.4 percent
UBS’s asset management segment is a central unit and part of the lender’s business model, Chairman Axel Weber reiterated in the NZZ newspaper after sources said Deutsche Bank is in talks with UBS over a possible tie-up with Deutsche’s asset management arm DWS.
* SGS SA: acquires Chemical Solutions Ltd., USA
* Nestle SA: appoints Leanne Geale as general counsel
* Arbonia AG: wins order at Zurich Airport to provide doors worth around 8 million francs
GEBERIT AG: CREDIT SUISSE RAISES TARGET PRICE TO SFR 460 FROM SFR 420
SWISSCOM AG: BARCLAYS RAISES TARGET PRICE TO SFR 410 FROM SFR 405
Credit Suisse - 0.26 chf/shr dividend
Swiss Life - 16.50 chf/shr dividend
* Swiss April CPI due at 0630 GMT. Seen +0.2 pct m/m, +0.7 pct y/y
* The Swiss consumer sentiment index slipped to -6.4 points in the second quarter from -4.0 points in Q1
Reporting by Zurich newsroom and Berlin Speed Desk