ZURICH/BERLIN, Nov 13 (Reuters) - The Swiss blue-chip SMI was seen opening 0.6% lower at 10,257 points on Wednesday, according to premarket indications by bank Julius Baer.
Here are some of the main factors that may affect Swiss stocks:
The Swiss telecoms group said on Wednesday it faces a hit of up to 125 million Swiss francs ($125.39 million) from its failed bid to buy Liberty Global’s Swiss unit, as the U.S. cable company held out hopes a deal could be revived.
* EFG International said third-quarter revenue margins remained under substantial pressure. Its assets under management now total 150.7 billion francs as of October 31, up from 147.6 billion francs at end-June 2019.
* Edisun Power said shareholders approved an ordinary capital increase.
* Flughafen Zuerich said the number of passengers was down 1.2% y/y in October.
* Schindler board member Alfred Schindler told Finanz und Wirtschaft there were several reasons Schindler was not bidding for Thyssenkrupp’s elevator division.
* Baloise Holding says it expects the profit contribution before taxes from its life business will be at least 200 million francs in 2019
* Orascom said its nine-month loss narrowed to 7.9 million
* No major Swiss economic data scheduled
Reporting by Zurich newsroom and Berlin Speed Desk