ZURICH/BERLIN, Oct 19 (Reuters) - The Swiss blue-chip SMI was seen opening 0.2 percent higher at 8,796 points on Friday, according to premarket indications by bank Julius Baer . Here are some of the main factors that may affect Swiss stocks on:
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has rejected Novartis’s bid to repurpose a drug now approved for rare inflammatory diseases to be used in a group of heart attack survivors, the Swiss drugmaker said on Thursday.
The bank on Friday said it was acquiring the international US-based private clients portfolio from Lombard Odier for an undisclosed price.
For more news, click on
* Novartis said data showed significant improvement in progression-free survival rates for patients using its Lutathera treatment baseline liver tumours.
* BB Biotech said it was expanding its board of directors to four as it reported a net gain of 242 million Swiss francs for its third quarter.
* Bellevue Group said chairman Thomas Von Planta will not stand for reelection to its board.
* DKSH Joerg Wolle will hand over chairmanship of board of directors at its 2019 annual general meeting.
* Huber + Suhner said it had become a tier 1 supplier to Chinese electric vehicle manufacturer Geely.
No economic data due.
Reporting by Zurich newsroom and Berlin Speed Desk