ZURICH/BERLIN, Sept 20 (Reuters) - The Swiss blue-chip SMI was seen opening broadly unchanged at 8,944 points on Thursday, according to premarket indications by bank Julius Baer .
Here are some of the main factors that may affect Swiss stocks:
The company said on Thursday it was exploring strategic options for its skin health business, saying it believes the unit - once seen as a rising star - might be better off outside of the Swiss food maker.
The Swiss National Bank announces its interest rate decision and gives an update on monetary policy at 0730 GMT. Analysts expect no change.
* Schweiter Technologies said it entered an agreement to buy the European acrylic sheet business of Lucite International, and the UK distribution company Perspex Distribution Ltd.
* Swisscom said Valérie Berset Bircher is stepping down from its board of directors.
* Lalique Group reported a H1 Net Profit at 1.3 million euros ($1.52 million).
* Addex said it has received £1.2 Million ($1.58 million) funding from the Wellcome Trust.
* Ascom Holding said it has secured a follow-up service contract with a prominent UK mental health hospital trust.
* Vifor Pharma announced changes in its management, with Barbara Angehrn joining as Chief Business Officer.
ADECCO - CFRA cuts to buy from strong buy; cuts price target to sfr 65 from sfr 76.
* Switzerland ran a merchandise trade surplus of 2.134 million Swiss francs in August, the Federal Customs Office said on Thursday.
$1 = 0.8562 euros $1 = 0.7606 pounds Reporting by Zurich newsroom and Berlin Speed Desk