TOKYO, March 20 (Reuters) - The trial of former Nissan Motor Co boss Carlos Ghosn on charges of under-reporting his salary is expected to start in September, public broadcaster NHK said on Wednesday.
Ghosn was released on $9 million bail earlier in March after spending more than 100 days in a Tokyo detention centre. He faces charges of under-reporting his salary at Nissan by about $82 million over nearly a decade.
Ghosn has said the charges are “meritless”.
He was stripped of the role of Nissan chairman but remains a board member. (Reporting by Stanley White; Editing by David Dolan)