April 10, 2018 / 2:39 PM / 13 days ago

Rio Tinto reviewing Rusal ties to comply with U.S. sanctions

April 10 (Reuters) - Rio Tinto Plc is reviewing its trading relationships with Russian aluminum producer United Company Rusal to make sure it complies with U.S. sanctions and has had calls from customers concerned about supply, Rio’s aluminum chief said on Tuesday.

Asked specifically what action Rio might take regarding Rusal’s 20 percent stake in Rio’s Queensland Alumina operation in Australia, Alf Barrios said it was premature to speculate. Rio owns the other 80 percent. (Reporting by Nicole Mordant in Vancouver Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)

0 : 0
  • narrow-browser-and-phone
  • medium-browser-and-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser
  • wide-browser-and-larger
  • medium-browser-and-landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser-and-larger
  • above-phone
  • portrait-tablet-and-above
  • above-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet-and-above
  • landscape-tablet-and-medium-wide-browser
  • portrait-tablet-and-below
  • landscape-tablet-and-below