JERUSALEM, Feb 12 (Reuters) -
* Shufersal, Israel’s largest supermarket chain, said on Sunday it is in the early stages of examining the possibility of acquiring local drugstore chain New-Pharm Drugstores.
* New-Pharm operates 68 branches throughout Israel.
* Shufersal said in a statement to the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange that its preliminary checks include examining antitrust regulations.
* New-Pharm is a subsidiary of Hamashbir 365 Holdings .
* Shufersal is controlled by holding company Discount Investment Corp. (Reporting by Ari Rabinovitch)