* Shufersal, Israel’s largest supermarket chain, said on Monday net profit fell in the fourth quarter, as increased financing expenses and taxes offset higher revenue.
* The company posted quarterly profit of 77 million shekels ($22 million), down from 96 million a year earlier.
* Revenue grew 2 percent to 2.93 billion shekels, while same store sales grew 1 percent.
* Shufersal declared a dividend of 160 million shekels.
* Shufersal is controlled by holding company Discount Investment Corp.
* ($1 = 3.4870 shekels) (Reporting by Steven Scheer)