* Arsenal beat Swansea 3-2
* Theo Walcott scored twice in first half
* Xhaka error gifted Sigurdsson Swansea’s first goal
* Ozil struck sublime volley to put Arsenal 2-1 up
* Baston scored his first Swansea goal on 66 minutes
* Xhaka sent off for challenge on Barrow
* Arsenal host Middlesbrough next, Swansea home to Watford
Oct 15 (Reuters) - Theo Walcott scored twice as 10-man Arsenal beat Swansea City 3-2 at the Emirates on Saturday in Bob Bradley’s first game in charge of the Welsh club.
The in-form England forward struck midway through the first half and added his second from close range when Jack Cork’s defensive header fell conveniently into his path after 33 minutes.
Swansea were offered a lifeline five minutes later when an error by Switzerland international Granit Xhaka gifted possession to Gylfi Sigurdsson, who struck a beautiful curling shot beyond Petr Cech and into the far corner of the net.
Mesut Ozil’s fierce volley from an Alexis Sanchez cross gave Arsenal their third goal, only for Borja Baston to pull one back for Swansea and Xhaka’s afternoon ended early when his foul on Modou Barrow earned him a straight red card.
Reporting by Claire Bloomfield, editing by Ed Osmond