* West Bromwich Albion beat Burnley 1-0 at Turf Moor
* Johann Berg Gudmundsson went close for Burnley in first half
* Substitute Hal Robson-Kanu fired West Brom ahead in 71st
* Robson-Kanu sent off in 83rd after challenge on Matthew Lowton
* Burnley are at Tottenham Hotspur next; West Brom host Stoke City
Aug 19 (Reuters) - Hal Robson-Kanu grabbed a 71st-minute winner and was sent off 12 minutes later as West Bromwich Albion beat Burnley 1-0 in the Premier League at Turf Moor on Saturday.
The Wales forward bustled past Stephen Ward and James Tarkowski before firing home a low drive to give the visitors the lead.
But he was shown a straight red card after his leading arm struck Burnley defender Matthew Lowton in the face as they challenged for a ball in the air.
Burnley, who enjoyed a shock win at champions Chelsea in their opening game, had chances in the first half with Icelandic winger Johann Berg Gudmudsson twice going close.
Reporting by Simon Evans, editing by Ed Osmond