* Cardiff beaten 3-0 at home by Everton
* Gylfi Sigurdsson put Everton ahead shortly before halftime
* The Icelandic forward made it 2-0 in the second half
* Dominic Calvert-Lewin’s goal completed Cardiff’s misery
* Cardiff away to Wolves next, Everton host Liverpool
Feb 26 (Reuters) - Gylfi Sigurdsson deepened Cardiff City’s Premier League relegation fears with two well-taken goals in Everton’s 3-0 victory in the Welsh capital on Tuesday.
A first half low on quality was illuminated by one flowing move in the 41st minute which ended with Sigurdsson firing low into the corner after being picked out by Seamus Coleman.
Cardiff showed more tenacity in the second half but were deflated in the 65th minute when Sigurdsson lashed home his second of the night past Neil Etheridge.
Dominic Calvert-Lewin got his name on the scoresheet in stoppage time to complete a comfortable Everton victory.
Defeat left Cardiff one point and one place above the relegation zone and they will drop into the bottom three if Southampton beat Fulham at home on Wednesday.
After three successive defeats Everton’s welcome return to form lifted them into ninth spot. (Reporting by Martyn Herman Editing by Toby Davis)