* Leicester and Southampton drew 0-0
* Struggling Southampton missed chance to close gap on Swansea
* Jamie Vardy had best effort for Leicester in poor match
* Foxes have not won in their last five home matches
* Leicester at Crystal Palace next, Southampton host Bournemouth
April 19 (Reuters) - Southampton remained deep in relegation trouble after they were held to a 0-0 draw at a lacklustre Leicester City in the Premier League on Thursday.
Leicester, managed by former Southampton boss Claude Puel, have now gone five home matches without a win but the Saints produced little to scare them.
Jamie Vardy went closest for the Foxes, forcing a fine save out of Alex McCarthy in the second half and Riyad Mahrez shot just wide in the latter stages.
Southampton, in 18th place, are four points away from safety with four games remaining and face Chelsea on Sunday in the FA semi-finals.
Reporting by Simon Evans, editing by Ed Osmond