* City within two points of early leaders with 3-0 win over Fulham
* Recalled Leroy Sane scored in second minute
* David Silva made it 2-0 after good work from Bernardo Silva
* Raheem Sterling made it 3-0 in 47th with tap-in
* City could have had many more goals
* City are at Cardiff, Fulham at home to Watford on Sept 22
Sept 15 (Reuters) - Champions Manchester City looked close to their sparkling best as they comfortably beat promoted Fulham 3-0 at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday to stay within two points of early leaders Liverpool and Chelsea.
German Leroy Sane, recalled after being left out of the squad against Newcastle, scored inside two minutes with a close-range finish after Fernandinho capitalised on some sloppy passing from the visitors.
David Silva made it 2-0 when his powerful shot crashed in off the underside of the crossbar after excellent work from the outstanding Portuguese midfielder Bernardo Silva.
Raheem Sterling made it 3-0 with the most straightforward of tap-ins after Sergio Aguero had finished off a fine passing move with a burst down the right and a low cross. (Reporting by Simon Evans; Editing by Clare Fallon)